Refilling

Thombar

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100, Canon MX922
Okie dokie, here's a newbie question for you. Everything I read here seems to suggest refilling all carts even if they aren't empty. Does that mean you top off old carts as opposed to dumping the ink still in the cart and refilling? Isn't that a waste of whatever savings you get from refilling in the first place? I hope I didn't just break the "no stupid questions" rule. :ep

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Okie dokie, here's a newbie question for you. Everything I read here seems to suggest refilling all carts even if they aren't empty. Does that mean you top off old carts as opposed to dumping the ink still in the cart and refilling? Isn't that a waste of whatever savings you get from refilling in the first place? I hope I didn't just break the "no stupid questions" rule. :ep

"One man's stupid question, is another man's innovative thinking"

Seems a logical question to me.

The answer is to top off the carts without dumping ink. The object is to reduce purge and cleaning cycles and ultimately saving more ink than is used by unnecessary cleaning. Also to minimize the ink going into the waste pads over the long term.

All things I have learned by being a member here. Not to mention significant cash savings.

rs