Refilling HP Laserjet 5p Toner

MannyNoela

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

Are there any instructions regarding how to refill the toner on my HP Laserjet 5P/6P?

Also, I've looked on ebay for possible sources of toner, but are there any recommendations? What type of toner should I be looking for?

thanks - Manny

Forsurchi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello Manny,

I wouldn't recomment buying off Ebay unless the compatible toner brand is a good brand. I would do some research before buying any toner off Ebay. I know a few sellers on ebay that sell American made compatible toner. I've heard alot of horror stories on imported toner (not to scare you or anything) but make sure they come with instructions. A seller that's behind his product will give you the instructions ahead of the purchase.

Also remember, if your refilling a toner cartridge, make sure you remove all the left over toner before refilling it with a compatible toner. Usually you get this chemical reaction between two different makes of toner (example OEM and any compatible brand, or one compatible vs another compatible). Every company makes their own formula, so not all toner is just toner. If you have a vacuum, remove as much as possible without touching or damaging the cartridge. This way, when you start off with the compatible toner, you'll have a fresh start.