Refilling HP CC530 / Canon 118

Nick Marques

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP / Canon Lasers and Inkjet
HI all,

So I've been getting HP CC530 refill kits online and have been doing the procedure as suggested, where I've burnt a hole, emptied excess toner, filled, sealed, replaced chip. I'm gathering that this is the lazy way and that to really refill and reman cartridges, I need to disassemble the unit, replace the drum, empty the waste bin, clean thoroughly, etc. I've seen plenty of videos on YouTube that show this and it doesn't look complicated at all.

But, where do I purchase just the drum and I read something about needing to lubricate it before it is installed. Also, I understand the blade needs to be gapped properly but I've seen nothing indicating what this gap distance is to be or how to accurately measure it.

BTW - Are specific retailers here preferred (or affiliated) or is this an independent website?

Lastly, I guess it seems that the Canon MF8580 and HP CP2025 share the same imaging unit (made by Canon?) and that the cartridges are very similar. I know that all refill suppliers have different SKUs for each manufacturer's toner, but I assume assembly/disassembly is the same. Do they use the same drums?

Or is this being over engineered for safety and these use the same toner and I could interchange them?

Thanks all!