REFILLING FOR THE FIRST TIME (Help Please)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Option three is a very usable way to print when refilling your own cartridges,
it does work but its not recommend for long term use.

It works like this Refill each of your cartridges and insert them back into your printer,
when the printer then shows an out of ink message on screen just follow the instructions it mentions regarding continuing to print.

Just hold in the orange flashing light for five seconds when the message appears
for that cartridge and subsequent cartridges after that you may print unhindered.

A word of warning dough you must now monitor the ink levels yourself by checking regularly
the amount that is left in each cartridge and refill when they get very low on ink.

When you buy the correct resetter you can then reset each cartridge back to full again (Like new)
and your printer will then resume the responsibility for ink monitoring.. :)

gepp

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
The Hat
Hi,
Just thought I would tell you there are no instructions there was a Pop up sitting right over it last night

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
gepp said:
The Hat
Hi,
Just thought I would tell you there are no instructions there was a Pop up sitting right over it last night
I am just guessing here because I dont quite understand your thread,
could you explain what you mean by no instructions and pop ups.

If youre referring to the on screen ink notice then just follow my instructions above
on how to clear this message, if not can you post more details please..

gepp

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi the Hat,
I'm sorry to be a bother on this subject but I feel I've got the wrong end of the stick here.
In your first contact yiou suggested there was 3 methods to deal with this ink situation
and I in the meantime listened to a guy on youtube giving instruction which numbers to
press to disable the cartridges so there was no moniting of the problems i have.
Now when you said in you last thread about the instructions marked in red I thought that was going to be
the instructions for the keys which I have to press to cure my problem.
I just so happened that i clicked on the red word instructions and got a pop up come up for winning a Ipod
and I couldn't after that get anywhere.
So is there a system to carry out on the MP560
Or what have I got to do

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
gepp said:
Hi the Hat,
I'm sorry to be a bother on this subject but I feel I've got the wrong end of the stick here.
In your first contact yiou suggested there was 3 methods to deal with this ink situation

Now when you said in you last thread about the instructions marked in red I thought that was going to be
the instructions for the keys which I have to press to cure my problem.
I just so happened that i clicked on the red word instructions and got a pop up come up for winning a Ipod
and I couldn't after that get anywhere.
So is there a system to carry out on the MP560
Or what have I got to do
OK lets start again..

To disable the ink monitoring on each of you cartridges heres what you have to do
and I can assure you that there are no numbers involved.

First please refill each of your cartridges that are showing near empty or empty (Before you start)
then put them back into your printer and close the lid.

Now youll get a message on screen telling you that your cartridges are empty and that you should replace them with new ones,
(Just disregard this replacement message) the resume button on the front of you printer will also be flashing orange at this time.

Just hold in the orange flashing button for five seconds while you have this message on screen
then release the button wait a minute and your printer should now let you resume printing.

If this same message appears later youll need to do the same procedure again
for each subsequent cartridge that you get the message for till no more messages appear anymore.

Please dont do this if the cartridge is still empty, refill it first or you will damage your printer.

Buy yourself a resetter as soon as possible so you can regain ink monitoring
quickly again as this will prevent anything going wrong later.
The Hat said:
There are several ways to overcome this some easy and some not so easy,
one is to reset your EPROM to the EU region (not recommended for the faint hearted).

Another way is to just buy a resetter for your 221 chip and just refill your cartridges (Easiest),
and lastly you can just refill your cartridges and disable your ink monitoring. (Cheapest)
Of these three suggestions there was no mention of any red word instructions anywhere,
I think you may have been mixed up with some other websites that you had visited.

Now if you follow these current instructions carefully you will get your printer back working again
without the need to visit any other websites at all.

On the subject of you winning an IPod, (Here's the bad news) you diden't and you may have also
in invariantly given your computer a virus of some sort, thats what these pop up do usually sorry..

gepp

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Well the Hat.
Here's what I'm going to do/
I going to contact the supplier in the UK you recommened and order all I need
to for fill my printers needs,.
Then I'm going tp get on with the job again
I really don't know how you keep up with it all, but I for one am sure glad you do.

Kind regards

GEPP