REFILLING FOR THE FIRST TIME (Help Please)

gepp

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Im a Newby so bear with me,
I bought a Canon MP560 Printer while living in the USA, took it back to the UK and used it, then one day the ink ran out, I goes down to the store comes back with all the cartridges hopefully to start printing again, but O no that wasnt as simple as that, to cut a long story short I found out that the cartridges were made different in the USA and the UK
UK has 521 cartridges
UAS has 221
It had cost me a fortune by now in finding out this simply fact.
Any way I can buy 221 cartridges in the the USA but no one will send them to me,
I cant buy 221 Cartridges ib the UK
Reading an article in a book I saw an advert of Amazons selling a refilling device
For about $6.00 which I can buy and they will send because its not ink and I can buy
Canon Ink at Amazons in the UK,
Really after all that I was hoping to get some advice from guys who have used this set
Up with GOOD RESULTS OR EVEN BAD RESULTS and how easy it might be
I would thank you for any help you can give

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am sorry you had to find out the hard way about the printers been different.
Refilling is probably the easiest thing to learn and an enjoyable way to save lots of your money.

The saga with your cartridges can be overcome fairly easy;
its the chip on the cartridge that is causing you all of your troubles.

There are several ways to overcome this some easy and some not so easy,
one is to reset your EPROM to the EU region (not recommended for the faint hearted).

Another way is to just buy a resetter for your 221 chip and just refill your cartridges (Easiest),
and lastly you can just refill your cartridges and disable your ink monitoring. (Cheapest)

All three of these suggestions will work but the last two are your best bet and the most convenient way to get back to printing again.

Give this site a look at for just about everything youll need for refilling and the good news is
they stock the very resetter that youll need to reset your cartridges also.

If there is anything you dont understand then come back here and ask and we'll answer it for you,
and last but not least you are very welcome here.

http://www.octoink.co.uk/categories/Bulk-Ink/Canon-Compatible/?page=2&sort=featured

support@octoinkjet.co.uk

msmart

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4500
+1 for Octoinkjet for sales and support.

Do a MP560 search for loads of threads discussing your printer. If you can't find the answer to your questions, do as The Hat suggests, post a new topic and you'll get help.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Hi gepp

An original Redsetter for European region cartridges can turn PGI-220/CLI-221 chips into PGI-520/CLI-521 chips. See these threads: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7845 and http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6797

Maybe this trick also works the other way around, so a redsetter for US cartridges can turn European chips into US chips?

You find original redsetters for US region cartridges here, one battery powered and one USB powered here: http://www.octoink.co.uk/products/Canon-CLI%2d221{47}PGI%2d220-Redsetter-[Battery].html and here: http://www.octoink.co.uk/products/Canon-CLI%2d221{47}PGI%2d220-Redsetter-[USB].html

If you try this, please report your results.

gepp

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Well I am truly thankful too you all for given me some food for thought, I am
already naking notes as to what I should ask in my next thread, it sounds as though
there's been alot of effort put into this subject, Thanks again

gepp

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm back again,
As i lost out on not knowing there was a US & UK versions at the outset of my purchase I hope with the help of this forum be able to start at the top of the ladder as iT WERE:
I think that I need to get my ink local Any help in that direction to a make I can use Amazon in the UK
I need to get in the US setter and cartridge flusher yes/no
Cartridge holder for filling , I noticed on youtube one by SuperToBuy, looked easy
Any thing else you can advise on.

I have a full set of cartridges which came with the printer all empty,
or should I buy new empty ones are they sold like that.
Is it possible to buy refiled cartridge and use a setter to do the chip or
is that not done
What else.
I grateful for any help

gepp

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Re: REFILLING FOR THE FIRST TIME (Help Please)Hi,
I'm back again,
As i lost out on not knowing there was a US & UK versions at the outset of my purchase I hope with the help of this forum be able to start at the top of the ladder as iT WERE:
I think that I need to get my ink local Any help in that direction to a make I can use Amazon in the UK
Cartridge holder for filling , I noticed on youtube one by SuperToBuy, looked easy
Any thing else you can advise on.

I have a full set of cartridges which came with the printer all empty,
or should I buy new empty ones are they sold like that.
Is it possible to buy refiled cartridge and use a setter to do the chip or
is that not done
What else.
I grateful for any help

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
gepp

Any thing else you can advise on
I already gave you a link to the best site in the UK for inks, resetter, cartridges
and everything else youll need to get started, including the best advice around.

If there is anything on the site you want to know more about just mail their support centre and youll get one to one personal help..
Email:- support@octoinkjet.co.uk

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...… t=featured&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13588033577492

gepp

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,
Thank you for your reply, I didn't realise the web site was in the UK I thought you were talking about the USA and I was thinking that postage is very costly, but now having looked at it I see where it is.
Tell me the option 3 (and lastly you can just refill your cartridges and disable your ink monitoring. (Cheapest)
Is that a one time change can it ever be reversed, only I have some inportant printing to do , but I don't think I would never like to know what's going on in the printer.
Thank you thats all for now

gepp

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Re: REFILLING FOR THE FIRST TIME (Help Please)Hi,
Thank you for your reply, I didn't realise the web site was in the UK I thought you were talking about the USA and I was thinking that postage is very costly, but now having looked at it I see where it is.
Tell me the option 3 (and lastly you can just refill your cartridges and disable your ink monitoring. (Cheapest)
Is that a one time change can it ever be reversed, only I have some inportant printing to do , but I don't think I would never like to know what's going on in the printer.
Thank you thats all for now