Refilling details required for canon BCI-24 black

headhair

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am new to the forum...

I am using canon ip 1000

Let me know how to refill and which ink to use..

thanks..

Craig Ross

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello Headhair
MIS are pretty good for ink http://www.inksupply.com/
refilling bcI-24's is easy I use a 20ml syinge with a blunt needle that is not a sharp pointed needle
drill a hole through the syinge at about the 15ml mark. stand the cart upside down on absorbant paper
I have a simple holder cut out of foam for this,draw up 10 ml of ink(5ml for colour) and rest the needle on the exit port then while
holding the syinge pull the plunger up past the hole to let air in and start a flow, initially the flow
may be to fast while the filter wets itself, so to slow it down press the blunt needle onto the filter
then tilt back to start the flow again, the angle of tilt will determine the flow rate.I then have it leaning
up aginst a wall or something until all of the ink is absorbed then let the cart stand upside down
for about half an hour so any excess ink can drip out the vent hole.The procedure is the same for
colour exept the top must be removed so excess ink dripping does,nt contaminate the other colours
the top is then glued back on just enough to hold the top on it does'nt have to be air tight.
and a tip is not to use a sharp needle or inject directly into the filter this will damage the filter
and it will not make a proper seal on the ink delivery post in the print head.

BCI_24.jpg

and just another point for anyone else reading this , the black bci-24 is a pigment ink but I
have used the black dye for bci-21 carts to get around any potential clogging issues and have'nt
had any problems.