refilling Brother TN420/450 toner cartridge

jeffsit

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I search the compatible brother toner cartridge for TN420/450. I find 123inkcartridge which offer good price comparing with those genuine supply from Brother. Please share with me your experience if anyone who uses compatible cartridge from 123inkcartridge, especially TN420 or TN450. I also find another option which is to refill the existing toner cartridge. Anyone has used "InkOwl", it offers $11.95 for one bottle of toner enough for 2600 pages print. It sounds even a better deal if it works and the toner quality is reasonable. I would appreciate it if anyone can give me some advice for InkOwl as well. Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
jeffsit said:
I search the compatible brother toner cartridge for TN420/450. I find 123inkcartridge which offer good price comparing with those genuine supply from Brother. Please share with me your experience if anyone who uses compatible cartridge from 123inkcartridge, especially TN420 or TN450. I also find another option which is to refill the existing toner cartridge. Anyone has used "InkOwl", it offers $11.95 for one bottle of toner enough for 2600 pages print. It sounds even a better deal if it works and the toner quality is reasonable. I would appreciate it if anyone can give me some advice for InkOwl as well. Thanks
InkOwl has being associated with this forum in the past and TheTonerGuy (co owner) is also a member here, hes an alright guy to deal with.

Why dont you give the TheTonerGuy a PM and see if he can answer some of your questions or even directly to info@inkowl.com

jeffsit

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thank you so much. I will give The Toner Guy a shot. Have you ever heard from anyone who experienced negatively with the print quality by refilling toner ? I watched a demo video on Youtube about InkOwl. That is the way I find it. Refilling seems not so complicated to me. :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
jeffsit said:
Thank you so much. I will give The Toner Guy a shot. Have you ever heard from anyone who experienced negatively with the print quality by refilling toner ? I watched a demo video on Youtube about InkOwl. That is the way I find it. Refilling seems not so complicated to me. :)
Refilling toner cartridges is as easy as pie BUT you need to prepare an area to do it in.

All of the old toner remaining has to be remover first thats the messy bit and then its plan sailing,
the second thing is if your cartridge is fitted with a chip it has to be eider reset or replaced.
Anyway if you follow the toner guys instruction you should have no trouble at all, good luck. :thumbsup

jeffsit

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks! I probably need to put the cartridge into a big clear plastic bag, close the opening and shake the cartridge in one way only in order to empty the remaining toner powder, then the toner will not spread all over my hands and ground.:/