Refilling Black Cartridge Thru Head

novice

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I understand that some filling shops are refilling HP Black cartridge thru Print Head by using refilling machine.

Could anybody here detail how to refill thru Print Head. Is it with needle or some other instrument.

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
novice,

I used a HP 860c before, and yes, I refill through print head. You can refill it in 1-2 other ways, but they are usually messy and complicated.

To refill through the print head, you have to buy a refill kit that has a holder. This holder securely holds the cartridge to a "seal" and prevents ink from leaking out. This seal has a hole on the bottom through which you insert a syringe (with no needle!) and inject ink through the print head. After injecting a certain amount, you withdraw 1-3cc of air (usually using a different syringe) to restore "pressure" inside the cartridge. If you don't do this, your ink will leak out.

Note that you can do this process without a refilling machine, just with a refill kit that has a holder. This holder is different, depending on the type of cartridge you own.

I hope that helps! Post again if you have any more questions, I'll be glad to help.

novice

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the information.

I have an Oliser refilling machine but now don't have holders. I will have to arrange it to try refilling thru head.

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I don't know much about refilling machines as I think they are for "business-oriented" refilling. I do my refills for personal use, and do it manually. I can't quite grasp the concept of using a "machine" to do the refills.