Refilling a PIXMA 6600D

tkalfaoglu

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi there! I just bought a Pixma 6600
D and immediately, I am wondering how to refill these cartridges!
I played around with refilling with my Epson Photo 790 before (with a chip resetter), and it worked OK.
Who would you recommend for the supplies (..that hopefully ships overseas)

Many thanks,
-turgut

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Try INKTEC ink, they work fine for me. You can buy bulk ink in 500ml or 1liter bottles.

Don't know if they make ink for 6600D (CLI-8) because no one makes resetter yet, but ink for 8500 (BCI-6) works fine.
Don't mix inks from different manufacturers like OCP and INTEC. It however does not apply to the ink allready in the cartrige (original canon ink.) but once you refill use only the brand you chose from the begining.

tkalfaoglu

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
To my understanding, if you don't use a chip resetter, you can hold the FF or LF or something for 5 seconds and it turns off printer's complaining about the ink level? So, we don't really need the chip resetter, do we?

-t

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
It is the resume button on ip4200/4300. On ip6600 and 670 it is the stop/reset button. This can be done only when a warning pops up and tells you to replace the empty ink cartridge. The alrm LED on the printer should be blinking. This is when you press the button for 5 seconds and util the waning message disappears then the ink level status is disabled and you can print on without getting any more warning messages for the cartridge the printer is waring about. No you don't need a resetter. There exists no such a resetter anyway.