refill system epson 4880

markymark

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
what is the best refill system for an epson 4880 for the moment
(please some advice from people who are already using a system)

thanks in advance

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
markymark said:
what is the best refill system for an epson 4880 for the moment
(please some advice from people who are already using a system)

thanks in advance
We know you are despite for some advice and it will come if someone has any information for you,
but please dont post the same request twice it doesnt help at all..:barnie
Please be patient..:)

filmguy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have an Epson 4880 and I purchased some refillable 220ml cartridges from Presision Colors and also a chip re-setter.
I have subsequently purchased a Color Munki and am more than pleased with most of my results. I'd probably purchase all the above again but I haven't really challenged the market place recently so quite possibly there are other offerings I'm not aware of. I have been a very satisfied customer of Precision Colors.
The cartridges, ink, and resetter all work well with very good to excellent results.

http://stores.ebay.ca/PrecisionColors

markymark

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
thanks for the info fillmguy
i'll check it out (for the moment i still have some ink left in my original cartridges)
do you see much difference between this ink and the original stuff ?

filmguy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hard to be objective as I purchased the machine without cartridges for a song. It was a leap of faith to purchase the ink set and cartridges as they cost me far more than the printer itself.

I have seen prints off other similar Epson products using OEM ink and I would gladly put mine side by side and is certainly suitable for my current use.

I have close contact with a local small printhouse and they utilize IS inks for commercial use and consider them my control study facility. They are as pleased as their customers.

The Color Munki, Dell 2410's, Canon 9000 Mark ll, and the Epson all work very well together with IS inks, be it pigment or dye. I would have a dificult time financing which mostly would be described as extreme hobby printing if I
purchased OEM inks and that is probably my determining factor.

Good luck.