Refill megatanks

pearlhouse

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mx892 & mx922
Can the bottles that refill a G6020 or other megatank printers be refilled with my old canon ink. Or is it just easier to buy the standard canon refills.

Last edited:

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Can the bottles that refill a G6020 or other megatank printers be refilled with my old canon ink. Or is it just easier to buy the standard canon refills.
Can they? Haven't tried to physically open one of those bottles as yet so don't know if there's protective designs that make opening the bottles harder but don't see why not otherwise. The only caveat I'd add though is make sure your "old" ink isn't so old that it's developing biological growth (algae, etc..). We're using our original formulation CLI-8 compatible inks with the G2501 and they're working fine if that's any indication though.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I just used a blunt needle and pulled ink for tests out of such bottles through the top like the GI-53 and similar

pearlhouse

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mx892 & mx922
Thanks websnail & I S Fingers for your replies. Right now I'm on the edge of buying a G6020. My TR 8502 has not been a very good printer as I was warned by The Hat when I was going to purchase it. It has now stopped working all together. My 'OLD' inks are only a few months old so I think I'm ok there.
So I guess I'm off to my local Best Buy store to make purchase..