Refill kits for Canon maxify mb2720

Braddaigle

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon maxify mb2720
I have a Canon maxify mb2720 and want to know if these refill kits would work? And they seem to all come with dye ink? I should use pigment ink right? Any suggestions on keeping coast down for ink would be really appreciated

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
You can refill the OEM carts from ink bottles type GI-56 sold for the ink tank versions. It is genuine Canon pigment ink.
Replace the chip by ARC chips available on Aliexpress.

Braddaigle

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon maxify mb2720
You can refill the OEM carts from ink bottles type GI-56 sold for the ink tank versions. It is genuine Canon pigment ink.
Replace the chip by ARC chips available on Aliexpress.
Are these ciss systems any good for maxify's? And what is the best process for refilling the carts? If it isn't to much trouble? There is so much advertising out there it's tough to weed through thé junk!

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I gather that you're in North America, because your printer model is a MB720. Hence you have to look the Canon bottles sold in the American market: GI-26 instead of GI-56 (which are for West Europe). Same ink, only changes the reference of the bottle.
Refilling Maxify carts isn't difficult once you pass the initial learning curve.
There's a very long and informative thread about the Maxify models, started by @palombian ( who is our Maxify pioneer and expert here. )

https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/my-maxify-5350-is-on-refill-ink.11871/

If you're not willing to spend hours browsing page after page of messages, see the video tutorial for refilling original Canon Maxify cartridges :