Refill Epsons--No more compatibles

R-JetTek

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I thought you guys might enjoy this. There are strict rules about advertising on here...so I'm officially only telling about the existence of these plugs for the betterment of the industry. Enjoy!

These Plug Valves are an entirely new approach to the remanufacture of single ink cartridges. However a number of these cartridges are extremely difficult to fill because drilling a hole in the cartridge destroys the complex fluid-vacuum feed system that they use.

Plug_valve_group.jpg

The Plug Valve resolves this problem quickly and easily by fitting in the drilled hole a permanent one-way valve through which ink can be inserted time and time again. Fitting a Plug Valve is a one-time modification to a genuine OEM cartridge that enables you to refill the cartridge repeatedly at no additional capital expense.
The ease and speed of fitting of these low cost accessories means that customers will come back to you many times to refill their cartridges:
and you can do it:-

to the full OEM fill capacity
more cheaply than supplying a potentially patent infringing - compatible cartridge

How Do Plug Valves Work?

The technology behind the plug valve is, like all the best ideas, extremely simple. The OEMs fill these cartridges in a vacuum sealed environment extremely difficult to create in a small remanufacturing context. Although it is perfectly possible to make a hole in these cartridges and refill them with ink, once you remove the needle, air gets into the ink feed system and prevents it from working, so no ink gets to the printers print head.

plug_valve_fitted_T0484.jpg

The Plug Valve allows ink to be forced into the cartridge, but once the syringe is withdrawn, the valve seals preventing air from entering the cartridge. The result is a perfectly pressurised refilled cartridge thanks to a small and perfectly formed piece that should become a standard in your remanufacturing workshop.

All you have to do now is place a waste pipe leading to a small container in the delivery orifice of the cartridge, and fit a syringe full of ink into the hole of the plug valve. Just slowly, but firmly discharge the ink into the cartridge. Watch the waste pipe carefully.

1st_stage_fill.gif

First you will see all the waste residual ink being expelled from the cartridge followed by the air.
2nd_Stage_Fill.gif

Then you will see a mixture of air and ink being expelled, followed shortly by pure ink. When this is seen, your MkII Epson cartridge has been completely refilled and primed.

Remove the waste pipe and the syringe, wipe with a paper towel and reset the chip with any suitable chip resetter.

dparadowski

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Can you give the name of the product or hint where to find them

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I followed the www.RJetTek.com link at the bottom of his post and found this:

Plug Valve
Part# 1963
This tiny, revolutionary device solves the biggest hurdle in refilling new-style Epson single-color cartridges by enabling refilling with a simple syringe, without the need for needles and without a vacuum requirement. The plug valve replaces the present valve in the O.E.M. cartridge and provides a permanent seal, allowing unlimited future refills to the cartridge.

You have to enter personal data to view the catalog, so give it a try if you want. I didn't so don't know if this is exactly the same as in the OP's post.

WhiteDog

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
This filling accessory gives a pressurized fill, not a vacuum fill, for those who care. The writer should not have mentioned vacuum filling in this context. Then, who wants a wasted ink tube to dribble all over? Canon cartridges are not airless, except when new and sealed with the wrap.

R-JetTek

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
WhiteDog is correct... It is a pressurized fill for anybody that thought otherwise. The waste ink tube is connected to a waste bottle...not dribbling anywhere.
I am confused about the Canon cartridge comment. I haven't referenced any Canons.

"A mind is like a parachute...doesn't work very well closed."

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
R-JetTek said:
WhiteDog is correct... It is a pressurized fill for anybody that thought otherwise. The waste ink tube is connected to a waste bottle...not dribbling anywhere.
I am confused about the Canon cartridge comment. I haven't referenced any Canons.
How about making your inventory available without requiring personal data.

No one wants to be data mined just for looking at your public access commercial website.

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
stratman said:
R-JetTek said:
How about making your inventory available without requiring personal data.

No one wants to be data mined just for looking at your public access commercial website.
Here, here!!!

Let's see if this will stick....
http://www.rjettek.com/Catalog/R_Jet_Tek_Catalog_120.pdf

It is not working at this time.
See post #9

R-JetTek

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Yeah I understand brother...but it has a place that says contact or not...and we stick to that. If you're worried just make up a name and phone number...It doesn't bother me...If you're interested there are people waiting to help you. If not...just look.
Thanks for the input though.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I have a new and much simpler way to refill these Epsons that do not need any adapters at all. The information posted on my website will be changed this coming week, the new method makes the old way look silly.. Once you see how this Epson cartridge works, you'll understand why it works as well as it does. The new method involves two holes and is virtually foolproof. The hint is that the Epson cartridge is like a U tube that is tilted 90 degrees with a built in dip tube to the bottom compartment. You refill the utube by placing ink on one side and letting the air out the other until they are at the same level. The new hole is drilled right above the keyslot. Inject ink on one side by the keyslot until the ink flows out the other side and it's full. Reseal, reset and you're done.

It looks like Epson has made changes to the internal baffling throughout time as my carts have a similar but slightly different baffling system.........mine might be the newer baffling system. Also my carts have a filter leading into the damper valve. The polyester filter is an easy press fit thing.

There is a vacuum inside the cartridge but ONLY in the upper compartment. The bottom compartment has a spring actuated sealing valve that opens the vent to the outside ONLY when the cartridge is inserted. Ink pickup is taken at midlevel of the cartridge. The cartridge empties by using ink BOTH from the bottom and top compartment simultaneously but in different ratios. The ink is somewhat "floated" and allows the pressure to remain even from full to empty. It's a clever design and well worth their patent.