Refill Bottles Stand Tall

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Container cost $1.
Cut holes in top and the Hobbicolor containers stay put.Note the indented centre of the cover.Any drips from the syringe are contained.

16ix3.jpg

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Wow, that's a great idea. Not a lot of things are scarier during a refill than a bottle of ink falling over. Now you just need to take another bottle and fill it with alcohol or distilled water for cleanup.

Oh, and thanks for posting the picture too... definitely worth a thousand + words.

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Yep great idea.

But now you got me a little baffled.

1. Where exactly did you get the container--it looks ideal. Well worth buchering for a buck.

2. How did you cut the holes in the cover--they look precise but I note the left forground hole is a little ragged.---but anything that works will do fine--as long as the hole is not too loose it would take much
to upset any container. Super idea.

3. What is that in the immediate background. And the sort of floral pattern in the back background?

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Hey... I wanna take a guess!

1. Where exactly did you get the container--it looks ideal. Well worth buchering for a buck.
The Dollar Tree or similar dollar store?

2. How did you cut the holes in the cover?
Looks like a hole saw to me

3. What is that in the immediate background. And the sort of floral pattern in the back background?
First the feed tray for a Canon printer, then the wood trim / paneling and wallpaper?

So jackson am I correct? Do I win a prize? :D

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
@nifty-stuff.com
Yes, Dollorama
Yes, hole saw
Yes. You must be in league with the devil.I painted over the panelling years ago when I took out the shag carpet and added a flower wallpaper border.
Prize, forsooth.

@osage
Of course you won't see the marks I made on the washing machine where the centre bit went through the plywood that the lid was resting on.
Blood and snot everywhere.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
WOOHOOO.... three for three!

Nope, not in league with the devil... just had a lot of similar experiences I guess. What's even more funny is the fact that we finally got my parents to rip out THEIR old shag carpet a year ago. We're talkin' the high quality 2 inch long kind... light green and white! :D

klubber

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hey,

i just bought carpeting and they say shag is making a comeback... Hope you didn't throw any good stuff away.