Recommendations to buy a new A3 colour inkjet printer around £150

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It takes a special kind of fool to counterfeit using a printer's scanner I was able to scan as both a document and a photograph a US $10 bill with my Canon.
As I said..:lol:
it was so easy to catch the fools trying to off load their poor handy work,

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@The Hat

Why did you switch my sentences around when you quoted me?

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Scanning bank notes is a mugs game, you need a photo camera to get the best reproductions, also as @stratman has said after you’ve printed it, you then need another mug fence it.:hu

I worked in print security for years and it was so easy to catch the fools trying to off load their poor handy work, todays scanners and inkjet printers are not the proper tools for counterfeiting, I’ll say no more... :smack

I was being very serious about ransomware and only the very foolish with ignore the threat it poses to the average home computer, download the App now, it’s free...

Oh my... to be clear
I was not being serious about counterfeiting any bank note with a printer/scanner. In the UK a tleast even if you could produce something half real looking with consumer level printers the hologram on our notes would not even pass a glance test let alone scrutiny.

Its weird/interesting though depending how you see things you can use a printers copy function on notes but not scan them (at least UK notes). Probably one of those UK laws that make little sense.

I was able to scan as both a document and a photograph a US $10 bill with my Canon.

It takes a special kind of fool to counterfeit using a printer's scanner. Lock 'em up!

Maybe scanning software has no US note detection, i would not know and agree anyone trying to seriously fake notes with a home printer would be a fool.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Why did you switch my sentences around when you quoted me?
Shite happens..:hide :gig
The US currency is the easiest to reproduce, but that is changing rapidly as we speak..:thumbsup
I know that scanning notes can be a slow auld process, but my misses makes the real notes disappear much faster, so it would be never ending...:lol:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Shite happens..:hide :gig
Blarney too. :frow

sddefault.jpg

Latest posts