Recommendations please

daveyl

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I need to purchase a large format printer for the art department in a school for no more than $2k. it must be able to print A3, have a rear feed for banners and take high gsm paper. Can you help please?

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
I am sure you will get several informed replies form others more experienced than myself.

This is an international forum and it maybe useful to post your country as prices and availability of certain models differ slightly by country. Also possible some areas my have preferred deals for educational institutes.

Also my be helpful to give an indication of amount of usage. I would assume you are looking for a workhorse type machine sufficiently robust to be used by students under light supervision.

Are consumables a consideration? Sometimes a more expensive printer has cheaper operating costs because of larger ink cartridges.

Sorry if this post sounds negative as my intent is to be helpful. I have received so much valuable help through this site, and I would like you to benefit in the same way.

Roy Sletcher
Ottawa, Canada