Recommendations for me to Purchase a New All-in-One Printer in $200 Range

M

Madam TimeWarp

Could I please ask for any one's recommendations for me to buy the best new All-in-One Printer in the $200 price range?

Are there any at all that have any sort of reliable track records? Or do they all simply malfunction after 2 years of use?

THANKS!!

Madam TimeWarp

HAA!!

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Depends what you want from a printer, at that price they will all have positives and negatives. Personally id probably go for a Brother nowadays, followed by a Epson if build quality was more important than print reliability and a Canon for Print reliability over an Epson but poorer IMO now build quality than Epsons.

As to models lasting more than 2 years, pretty much impossible to say, anyone suggesting a model which is over 2 years old you are unlikely to be able to buy (at least NEW) at this moment as the manufacturers now typically refresh their lines every year or so.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Well, I was fond of the Canon MX922, and you may still be able to find one new. I have never owned one, but it has four things going for it: (1) a sheet feeder; (2) Precision Colors supports it (and other Canons) with third-party cartridges that should make the printer extremely easy to refill; (3) pretty good image quality; and both dye (for photos) and pigment (for text) black ink. I don't know anything about build quality, however.

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Ill agree with you on the point about checking what carts the printer uses first and seeing if there is an easy refill option, or if you dont want to refill availability of quality NON-OEM carts and price. Also like you i would not recommend any printer that does not have separate carts for each colour. The MX922 is still findable but probably will not be that cheap and is now approaching 2 years old, it would be a reasonably good option though.

The build quality IMO of Canons compared to others on the market in recent years has seriously declined though, scanner lids/cover as an example are often very thin plastic and very flexible on the lower end/cheaper models they feel almost like a cheap plastic ruler to give an idea of how thin/flexible they are. Compared to others on the market it feels very cheap, compared to my decade old (or thereabouts) MP610 my MP610 feels like the scanner lid is amour plate in comparison LOL.Im gonna miss it like a loyal pet when it dies :(

That said i still like Canons for print reliability, i personally find they are far less prone to clogging due to the heat system the head uses compared to the pump system of Epson etc (others will chime in with the techie names for those systems ;) ) when left unused for a period of time.

Perhaps the OP could elaborate further on what features are important to narrow the choice.