Recommend inkjet to print 3.5" wide by 2.25" high precut cards

myearwood

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi all

Thanks to all of your input, we have not just one printer but apparently an entire line of printers we can use!

We bought the Canon mx310 - it's cheap enough that we can replace it if it breaks, it has optional large black ink cartridge, we likely won't need color, but it's got it. It is a fax and scanner too.

Only thing I wish it could do is be used as a scanner from any PC in the workgroup, but we are able to do what we needed it for.

Excellent work!

Thanks

Mike

myearwood

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi all

Me again! The Canon Pixma worked for a first run. A second batch of card stock seems to be dryer and dustier. The pickup or intake rollers keep failing to pick up a card, or it feeds partway and stops or it feeds through and prints.

Even my old Epson CX3810 is doing this with this same batch of card stock. The cards are even difficult to manipulate by hand.

The stock feels like bristol board, but dryer.

Any suggestions to improve the rollers' "traction"?

Thanks

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Ialso tried to print wide print A3 wide or should I say long. But it (IP6700D) does not do bordrless so I end up with white borders from sides. :( Anyone know hoe to print A4 wide and A3 long photo and borderless ?

I know it is possible under linux

EASteadman

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Been in the Graphics Industry since the late 60's and the easiest way to print any stock, including Post Cards or Business Cards, is to print them on standard sheets and simply cut them down to the size you need. We call this "gang printing".

You wouldn't print just one Post Card at the time, but four, which you can easily do with any Home Publishing Program. Or, doing it the "old way", make four copies of your original, cut them out and then paste them up on one sheet that you would scan and make copies from. Or, if you are making up your copy on the computer, you can get FREE templates from Avery that will allow you to make one original but print multiple copies. Neither the program nor the printer knows whether you are using an Avery product or just your own plain card stock to do the work.

myearwood

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Unfortunately we have a mandate to use this particular stock and they come separated and pre-printed. The Canon was able to print on them directly, but it seems the rollers got dirty/dry and stopped feeding nicely.

Sticking labels on the cards was the upgrade from manually stamping and handwriting on them, but printing right on the card is the fastest and easiest by far.

Thanks!