Re-fill Bottle Needle is Plugged

kdsdata

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-100 & Brother-L8900
Hello All from the cold of Canada. As the subject says the fill bottle needle is plugged. I use OctoInkjet inks. It uses bottles with fairly small diameter needles. A great system that I have used for years. But alas, one of the needles has plugged say 90%. I can squeeze some "small" drops of window cleaner through, but after week"s" of letting the cleaner soak the needle there is no change.

My question is, does anyone have any wise advice? Any other cleaner I could try, but short of sulphuric Acid ^_^?

On the other hand, yes I know, I may need to buy a new bottle. It's just that I am a bit loyal to a good servant for so many years. (read as a bit of fun)

I look forward to your replies,
Fritz Kiessling,
brrr... it's minus 20 (that's minus 4 F for you Southerners)

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
brrr... it's minus 20 (that's minus 4 F for you Southerners)
Try using a sowing needle to unplug it…
Then the question is what blocked it in the first place, to me it sounds like you’re going to need new ink..

Think about it, if it does that to your refill needle what will it do to your print head..
P.S its plus 10c here and I reckon thats cold enought..

kdsdata

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-100 & Brother-L8900
Hi The Hat. From now on I am calling you Mister. I had discounted the sewing needles for being too thick. But following your advice I gave my dear wife's pin-cushion a second chance and dug up the finest needle I could find. And I had success. The plug was at the outlet end. Obviously the cap wasn't tight on, so the ink dried since my previous use.

A word of caution for others: Put some thread in the needle. I almost lost the needle by pushing it too far in. I had to get another needle to poke in the eye of the first needle to get it out. What silly things we do at an advanced age.

Thanks, for the as always excellent advice.
Fritz Kiessling,
10c..., pha, for that we don't even put on jacket, eh? ^_^.