Rankings

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Craig, thanks for the suggestion for post rankings here on the forum... a inkjet / Star Wars combo! :)

Any other suggestions for post # rankings here on the forum?

-Rob

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
There was actually a bug in the system that was preventing everyone from moving to master from guru, but I fixed it the other day... I'm serious!

When I created the ranks I had no idea how much involvement there would be on the forum, so I was conservative with my numbers. Some forums have rankings in the THOUSANDS of posts... sheesh! What's funny is a few people I talked to say they don't use rankings because it inspires some people to just post replies to get their number up. Single posts like, "Yeah, me too." Can you say, "Too much time on their hands!" :)

Right now, InkJet Master is the top rank, but I may either create new higher rankings or re-adjust the # of posts necessary to acquire them (which could bump people down a notch). :eek:

Sorting users by # of posts I see there are:
5 InkJet Masters
4 InkJet Gurus
11 InkJet Forum Participators
And a BUNCH of newbies!

I also see by the number of posts I've made that I have too much time on my hands! :rolleyes: ;)

Hey Craig... good thing that you refill your cartridges and can print new business cards cheap! :D ;)

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Wow! Until I read this thread today and looked back to my last post I didn't realize that I received the new, more exalted title! Does that put me into a higher pay scale, or do I just get my name and title on the door or my office?

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
fotofreek, the pay scale is exponential. As you increase in rank your pay is raised by the power of 10 so. Please wait while I whip out my HP 12C and determine your new pay scale:

Okay, zero raised to the power of 10... calculating... calculating... calculating. Ah, I see, ZERO! :D ;)

The good news is that our calculations indicate that there is a directly proportional increase in enjoyment and happiness relative to the number of posts one has made. The exact numerical representation of this increase, which increases at an increasing rate, is being calculated based on a random sampling of data from our forum participants.