Ran first prints the colors were WAY off, example burgundy were yellow

darnellbarber

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
First, I want to thank those that have helped me on this board. FISH! you in particular have been GREAT! .I have ordered as you suggested from inksell.com and am completely satisfied.

Now for the questions, a few technical difficulties...

1. When I first ran prints the colors were WAY off, example blue was pink..... just way off. It was my first time so I just let the printer run printing out apps we had. As it continued to run the colors started to correct themselves then became 100% accurate. WHY?

2. I get this same problem everytime the printer sits for a while. Basically, the next morning when I go to print a job.... walla the colors are way off burgundy is yellow. What seems to work is running the clean job (twice) then walla the batches are good again for the day.... basically until it sits again for 5hrs or more... WHY?

This seems to be the only problem and frankly an acceptable one. But if I did something wrong during the refill process.......

Again, thanks it is a REAL savings for us.

Darnell Barber

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
How did you refill? Did you drill or remove the plug over the reservoir? It sounds to me like one or more cartridges have a tiny leak in the hole you used to refill. These have to be absolutely air tight. When a cartridge leaks, it will tend to feed the ink up into the nozzles of the other colors.

This is one of the reasons why I encourage people to use vacuum filling:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/vacuum-fill-canon-cartridges.php

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)

fish

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I had this problem with an older HP. It was caused by contamination by the pad that the cartridge parked on. After cleaning the pad the problem disappeared and hasn't occurred since. I am embarrased to admit that I couldn't take the printer apart properly so I took it outside and used a garden hose on the pad until the water ran clean, then left it for a day to dry - buillt like a tank and still going. Too bad HP doesn't build printers like that any more with a 40 ml black and large color cartridges. I guess they can make 4 times the profit from 10 ml tanks.

darnellbarber

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I am just getting back from out of town. I will take the easiest route first and attempt to look at the pads.... I may not have mentioned this earlier but when I run a clean cartridge from that point on it runs fine until it sits again...