R200 Printing Problems: Is this the end?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I love success stories.

The window wipes I was suggesting are quite a bit longer and also thicker. I imagine it took a lot of work.

I'm wondering if you can describe the car window cleaner you used. Is it a tinted, almost clear, thin liquid for use in the automatic automobile windshield washers? Is Halfords the name of a store or the brand name of the product. I'd like to be able to point other people to the same product.

maxihod

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Halfords is the name of one of the biggest auto stores here in the UK.
This is a glass cleaner for for cars. Water based, the liquid has a yellow tinge to it. Smells to me like there's some ammonia in there actually.

4015682643_45f015d22e.jpg

4015682645_17d635bc2e.jpg

Of course it's now packaged differently since I bought this, so here's the web link for the new product:-
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId_714881_langId_-1_categoryId_165682#dtab

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Thanks very much for the info. I've been trying to find the answer to this question for many months and you're the first person to come through with it.

When you squirt some on glass, does it foam up or just spray like water would?

Also, how do you pronouce Halford? Is it like half-ord or hal-ford? Or could it be half-ford? Just curious.

maxihod

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Just sprays like water would, so no significant foam really.
Pronounced hal-fords.

One other thing I did was put some of the cleaning fluid on the area where the heads park. The bronze XX marks them out on the rhs of the image after step 1.3. Left that for a few hours after cleaning the heads as well.

Didn't seem make a whole lot of difference, but may have softened some of the ink.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I've never seen pads with bronze X's on them. What are the X's made of?

The reason I suggested putting window cleaner on the pads was so that the printer's purge pump would suck it down through its tubing to keep the tubing clean. I wasn't suggesting that you do anything that would take a few hours. What exactly did you do?

maxihod

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
As far as the crosses .. they're metal I think . Actually they are stainless steel I think it's just the lighting with the camera angle they came out that bronze colour.

I just put the liquid on the park head thinking it would soften anything still stuck in the heads. Probably didn't do much though really.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just a note.. Standard cleaning protocol is that any cleaning solution would need a few hours (possibly even days) to work against any clog... So that's pretty standard..

As for the "bronze" side of it, I'd hazzard a guess it's just ink residue that's making the steel parts, in the parking head, look that way...