R200 Cis

Ramog

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I paid over the odds in cost for a cis system - probably because it was a brand new idea at the time...

http://union-tec.en.alibaba.com/pro...__R210__R300__R310__RX510__RX600/showimg.html

The system has proves faultless, very high quality, self sealing valves, no sponge in the carts and you can view whats going
on and whats inside the carts thru clear side windows - although the latter being a pointless facility once installed...

About a year ago... I killed my first R200 thru that inkpad error "service required" and found

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml only after I ripped my printer to pieces and wrecking it in the process...

Gave up, bought another R200, and the CISS shown above and one year on, still working perfectly - although I
had to do a couple of mods..

Firstly, the system shown above has self resetting chips that reset to 100% full and initiates unwanted FULL PRIMING
(ink wasting cycles) so mod 1 = extended the ink sucking pipe feed to outside of printer and have used (of all things)
the tube of an old ink biro pen to enable me to disconnect the piping system from the pump (when I see fit). ie, when
I have to turn printer off to reset chips back to 100% full....

Secondly, the ink pad, service required problem, I pulled the exit pipe that feeds waste ink to the pads and fed the
pipe direct into a little bottle at the back of the printer... (easily accessable and easily emptied and keeps a visual
on how much ink is being wasted)..

Despite the above mod, some internal counter chip thing still counts down to a point when the pads need replacing,
but the utility found at http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml resets that counter back to zero...

I am happy as larry, printing is cheap as possible, system lasts, been going a year +, no nozzle blocking, printing
thousands of A4 prints - one after another... I`m happy, just thought I`d log onto some forum and pass on the news.

.Ramog.

PS.. is there such a thing as epson cart self resetting chips that reset to 80 or 90% instead of 100%... that would
complete my system hassles completely...

Where can I obtain & cost??

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Ramog said:
PS.. is there such a thing as epson cart self resetting chips that reset to 80 or 90% instead of 100%... that would
complete my system hassles completely...

Where can I obtain & cost??
I've used the InkRepublic CIS system and they use this sort of autoreset chip. I have no idea if they will sell seperately but you could always drop them a line and ask.

Hope that helps... :)

Steve2868

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have the R200 chip that reset back to 90%, auto reset the chip when indicator down to 5%. Our latest version of the chip is none traceable, what that means is Epson thinks it's a genuie OEM chip you will see not warning message. The chips works perfect on our Continue Inking system, works for months now w/o any problems.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Steve2868 said:
I have the R200 chip that reset back to 90%, auto reset the chip when indicator down to 5%. Our latest version of the chip is none traceable, what that means is Epson thinks it's a genuie OEM chip you will see not warning message. The chips works perfect on our Continue Inking system, works for months now w/o any problems.
Could you provide some info on where this chip is available... I genuinely prefer this sort of reset chip due to the way it avoids the ink charging waste of the 100% chips..

Steve2868

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The chip comes w/ our inking system & refillable cartridges, I believe they're retail for $15 each. We purchase them in bulk w/ the cartridges, therefore we pay a much lower price then that.