R1800 conectivity woes! continued

Bazz8

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Never one to give up easily on any fix up I got to a point with the r1800 that a trip to the epson service centre for a Quote to repair the beast!!
Well good thing I was driving and sitting down:rolleyes: diagnosis overheated printhead Price to repair $900 AU:p

So spare arts as i have another R1800 which is perfect, the other was going to become a Mono printer
so to the hardware experienced out there as I also have a R800 running on a Rihac Ciss system and working perfectly well.

Q1. Is the r800 head compatiable with the r1800 and if so what adjustments are required to change over to the r1800

I have the workshop manual and the epson adjustment program ( although it looks double dutch to me:rolleyes:)
this is the last roll of the dice and i do not want to end up stuffing my r800 to get this mongrel thing working
( early in the piece I did get the printer to workfor 2 pages by changing over the heads and the printed sheet
was perfect on page 1 then when i printed page 2 the print faded to zerO by half way through.
According to the manual you must key in the head no???

THANKS FOR ANY HELP
Bazz8

Bazz8

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
No one knows:(:(:(:(:(

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I'd take a look at this yahoo group:
EPSON_Printers@yahoogroups.com

... and post your question up there as there's considerable old world experience on there compared to here, especially when it comes to the higher end A4/A3 Epson printers like the R800/R1800.

Short answer from me though is that I honestly don't know...

Bazz8

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks Websnail
When i got the price to replace the head at $900 au( goldplated I know)
I have run a R800 for 7 yrs probably averaged out to running 100 sheets per yr.
When I got the brainwave:rolleyes:to buy a printer for $19.75 parts only +$140 postage to STH.Australia
the pain is i got it to work every colour except red,a retailer reckons the r800 head is identical so i
took the head out of the r800 and it printed 1 sheet but that was all
I have joined the suggested group and wil give them a try
thanks
Bazz8:D