QY6-0067 printhead for mx850?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
All refurbished unfortunately that are all made up to look like the genuine article.
Run away from them, don’t walk, run, there’s no such thing as a free lunch...
If you ever find one of these, unopened and with original canon hologram sticker, for less than 150€, let me know.

@martin0reg is correct, They simply are not available any more unless you can get an old one in a car boot sale, for € 1...

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
. Are these refubrished printheds even tey are "NEW", "BRAND NEW", "ORİGİNAL", "GENİUNE" printheads then?
Exactly! These should be called "original canon printhead, used and brand new refurbished"
(maybe soon at aliexpress with "original refurbished hologram sticker"?? :eek: )

"for less than 150€": I've seen old ones but sealed and unopened ("NOS"), at amazon or ebay, which were more or less overpriced...

koray

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon mx850
What's the expected lifespan "real original" printhead and "refubrished original" QY6-0075 printheads? less price for refubrished printheads worth this?
Another question I wonder what kind of a refubrisment do the printheads undergo? only claning and unclogging the print nozzles? or reproduction or repairing of any parts?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
What's the expected lifespan "real original" printhead
There is no forum consensus answer to this question, but there are many experiences and opinions people have:

https://www.google.com/search?q=canon+print+head+lifespan&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

refubrished original
Nowadays, this typically refers to print heads out of China. Some are repackaged to look as if new, though the chances that a no longer manufactured print head such as the QY6-0075 as being actually new is doubtful, especially out of China.

Whatever is done with the refurbished print heads is unknown, although some sort of cleaning or flushing probably occurs depending on the source. It could be no flushing is done and there may be ink clogs in the nozzles. Who knows.

The life of a refurbished print head, or one sold as new but is not from China, may work or not, fail immediately or in a few days or weeks, or may last a long time. Who knows.

There is no reassurance to give you when buying a used print head, unless you can first get a nozzle check to make sure it is working reasonably properly. It would be best to obtain the nozzle check in person as well.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I used to stock second hand printers as a source of printheads. Best way to see if they work (and know the number of pages printed - on some on the nozzle check, others via service tool).
Idealiter for € 20, about 25% of a new printhead, although I had to pay € 45 for the better printers with only 1000p on OEM ink.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
By soaking the head 3 days I managed to unclog the Cyan in the MX885 my daughter in law uses intensivily for 2 years, my son prints the same with a MG5250.
Others of my (Canon dye) printers who are seldom used require frequent bathing of the printhead and I also had a few B200.
Maybe the refill ink (Sudhaus/Prodinks) causes some deposits over time who need to be rinsed away.
I have some doubts also that the 520/521 and 525/526 series are not as rugged as previous ones.

But printing a lot seems to keep them in good condition.
Fingers crossed !

koray

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon mx850
Here are some replies from chinese vendors for my inquiries.
Adsız.png

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Here are some replies from chinese vendors for my inquiries.
Jack was the only one admitting the print head is used. I do not believe the claim of "new" for that specific model without further proof. Who knows what "The printheadwe produced" means. I have doubts concerning any print head out of China.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The thing I don't understand is this printheads are very expensive with respect to other models. For example
qy6-0082: 30-35$
qy6-0059:20-25$
qy6-0072:20-25 $ (nearly same)
qy6-0082:15-40$

Qy6-0075:85-135$:(
0y6-0067:75-125$
It’s not for me to defend the Chinese, but again I must say their English translations are not up to kindergarten standards, so expect a lot of discrepancy.

If a Canon print head retails at $135 and the Chinese one is selling at $60, does it not stand to reason that there’s a hole in the boat and your feet are getting wet, some, only some of these print heads do function properly, so if you like getting your feet wet then take the gamble...:hu

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Printheads for the Canon consumer (mostly dye) printers are very expensive compared to the cost of a new printer.

I agree the older generations are well built, but if you can't find printheads anymore it is game over.
Maybe you find a second hand printer (that shares the same printhead) from an old lady who printed 2 pages a month ;) but most I saw were very used.
At the end you pay more than for a new printer.

Models with resettable cartridges are still available new, as the MX925 (550/551, about €130) or the cheap MG5750 (570/571, €60).

If photo's are not your first concern (altough the quality is very acceptable) you could consider a Maxify.