Question on Filling Epson R3000 Cartridges

bobjoek

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
I just received a cartridge set and Jon Cone inks from Inkjet Mall for my Epson R3000. The cartridges were initially filled and primed by the vacuum method, per their instructions. I have not yet installed the cartridges in my printer. The issue is that on a few of the cartridges the damper reservoir (on the upper left of the cartridge) is only half full of ink, but ink is visible at the outlet port on the bottom. Is this sufficient ink in the damper reservoir to maintain a proper prime of the cartridge? If not, how do I fix?

Bob

bmodrow

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Bob,

You should be fine. However I would place a syringe on the fill port and apply vacuum to fully prime the cartridge.

Follow the excellent guide that pharmacist has supplied in this forum.

The board is not allowing me to post the link to the thread......sorry.

Regards,

Bob

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
There is a quarantine period for new members before they are allowed to post links. I don't know the length of this period, if it depends on a number of days or a number of posts, but you could try to post the link again tomorrow. Could one of the admins please explain about this?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
PeterBJ said:
There is a quarantine period for new members before they are allowed to post links. I don't know the length of this period, if it depends on a number of days or a number of posts, but you could try to post the link again tomorrow. Could one of the admins please explain about this?
It all has being explained before to newcomers in this thread at the bottom of the post..:)

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5117

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Thank you for the info The Hat of the quarantine period being one day. I thought so, but I wasn't sure.

bobjoek

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
bmodrow said:
Bob,

You should be fine. However I would place a syringe on the fill port and apply vacuum to fully prime the cartridge.

Follow the excellent guide that pharmacist has supplied in this forum.

The board is not allowing me to post the link to the thread......sorry.

Regards,

Bob
Bmodrow (Bob),

Thanks for the help. I followed your advice and the cartridges are performing fine in my printer.

Bob