Question on current status on ink jet cartridge restters

fdm2000

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have been away from the forum for some time and wonder if there are resetters available for some of the newer Canon cartridges. I use the 240 and 241 and the 245 and 246 in my printers. Does anyone know of resetters for these cartridges?

TIA Frank

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi Frank the answer is no on both accounts, there isn’t a resetter and there wont be one because I don’t reckon you can reset this type of cartridge with a resetter.

Have you tried the three cartridge trick to force the printer into a mistake so it will assume you have installed a new cartridge but you haven’t !

It goes like this, remove the empty cartridge (one), put in another separate cartridge (two) when that becomes empty then replace with a third cartridge and use, now if you have refilled the cartridge (One) place that in your printer and it should now show a new full cartridge, don’t mix up your cartridges keep then in sets of Three.

This sequence for cartridge replacement works on some HP printer but not for all, so maybe it’s worth a try with yours..

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Just to expand on @The Hat 's points...

Not sure if that approach works with Canon PG/CL cartridges but another key reason there aren't chip resetters for the black and tri-color type carts is that they have the printhead integrated into the cartridge and are really not built to last so resetting them is a bit pointless if they only work for maybe one, two or three refills before failing.

If you're really getting through a lot of ink it's well worth considering a higher end model that uses the PGI / CLI type cartridges which are ink tanks and separate from the printhead making them a lot more re-usable and refill friendly.

Hope that's of some use.

Martin

fdm2000

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have been away from the forum for some time and wonder if there are resetters available for some of the newer Canon cartridges. I use the 240 and 241 and the 245 and 246 in my printers. Does anyone know of resetters for these cartridges?

TIA Frank
Many thanks to The Hat and Martin for their responses and suggestions. If I had given my question more in-depth thought I would have realized that one cannot reset a print head - only ink tank cartridge chips fall into that category.

Frank