Profiling Canon Pro-10S - driver settings

Simon Knight

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon 9000 mkII Epson 1500W
I seek guidance as to the correct settings to make in the printer driver when printing test patches. I'm using an X-rite i1-Studio which is now supported by Calibrite. I am trying to confirm that I am not printing the patches with any colour correct made by the driver. Calibrite FAQs have the following :

When printing the test chart and opening the printer driver, under the Colour Matching menu, select ColorSync (not Vendor Matching). In the pop-up menu that appears, select Generic RGB (instead of OFF No Colour adjustment that is normally recommended for printer profiling), select ‘other’ if the profile is not in the list. Please note this step is critical to printing your test charts.
The driver displays the following:
Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 08.52.22.png

This seems to be as per the FAQ above and probably is but if Cancel is pressed the setting jumps to Canon Color Matching and there is no way that I have found to select ColorSync except by cancelling the print job and printing afresh.

The fun really starts if and when you view the Color Options panel :
Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 08.59.55.png

This time if Cancel is pressed or any of the sliders are touched then Canon Color Matching gets selected.
Worse it seems that if the Cancel option of any of the sub panes is pressed then the undesired Canon Color Matching option gets selected and sticks. This feature occurs when printing from the Calibrite Application which may be interacting with the driver but whatever the reason it seems illogical and confusing.

When printing test patches it is necessary to interact with the printer driver to select the applicable paper type. It appears to me that the selecting the Color Matching pane should be selected last before printing to confirm the setting has remained at ColorSync followed by pressing the OK button. Overall it seems rather error prone, do others concur?

S

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Welcome to the world of of MacOS: so terrible to me concerning color management (sometimes it works, sometimes it get completely screwed and after each update the problems re-occur again) I sold my previous iMac Retina 27 inch to go back to Windows. Alternatively you can run Windows in VirtualBox and print from within a virtual Windows.