"Profile Prism" work ok? Uses scanner rather than spectrocolorimeter?

RMM

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
I think that profiling a matt photo paper or heavy inkjet paper will get you close enough results. Its not like you're going to get a huge gamut anyways... you're just basically wanting to adjust for the aftermarket ink.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
msmart said:
Thanks for the reassuring note, but I guess the concern I have is that in step 5 of the Printer Profiling steps, it says to "Print the "printer-target-40.tif" file at its original size (approx. 7.92 x 5.77 inches)". Since the DVD is smaller than that and has a hole in the middle, can PP create a good profile when scanning the DVD back in? A thought I had was to print sections of the file on multiple discs to scan, or even cutting them up after printing to create a mosaic that approaches the full size image. Am I over thinking this?

If you've created a profile for DVD discs, what steps did you use?
For profiling you can print smaller targets the DPI that an Epson or Canon can output at max resolution is plenty sharp enough to use a smaller target. Just use the highest resolution print setting so everything is clear and sharp. On my Epson it seems even though the color should be a perfectly smooth consistent shade inside a small color block there are slight gradients from the tiny little block borders to the center of each block but profile prism can average those out. The profile ends up not being as good as it could be with a larger print but still it's good enough.