Problems with your model staying stuck down till Finish...?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I had switched over to using glass as my platform instead of a self-adhesive film coating.

My success rate was 100% till I got careless, I usually cleaned the glass surface with window cleaner, I would then apply hair spray and use my finger to even it over the whole surface, the hair spray stays quite wet for a few minutes.

This method works, but I started to apply new hair spray onto the glass after removing my latest creation without any further cleaning, I managed to get a second project finished but on the third it all went pear shaped at about 95% complete when the model came unstuck. (Fussy)

The moral of this story is all dough the glass seemed clean at the time, it obviously wasn’t, so now I religiously clean the glass every single time regardless how clean it looks...

It’s amazing how well you can get on till you employ laziness and ignorance.. :fl

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
It’s amazing how well you can get on till you employ laziness and ignorance.
Who hasn't tried a shortcut and been burned. The tolerances for successful 3D printing appear thin, maybe more than those for good print head health when using refilled ink cartridges.

Printing is a fickle business but a beautiful mistress when kept properly. You, The Hat, have had many beautiful mistresses. Shh. Don't tell Mrs. The Hat! :hide;)