problems in canon g3102

cimerio

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G3000
I don't know what is happening, the color print is not good, it seems that lack some colors.

see in the image how is printed:
20190527_112302.jpg

here is the original image:
Screenshot (74).png

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
First and foremost, until the issue is resolved, print ONLY nozzle checks until proper function returns or a knowledgeable forum member says otherwise.

Please print, scan and crop a nozzle check and post

Seems you are either
  • Out of Magenta and Cyan ink and they need to be replaced.
  • The flow of Magenta and Cyan is disrupted in the tubing to the print head.
  • The nozzles for Magenta and Cyan are clogged.
  • The print head has permanent failures in the Magenta and Cyan nozzles and needs to be replaced.
You do not say if you use OEM Canon ink or an aftermarket ink. If aftermarket ink then maybe it has created a problem. :idunno

For the following, you must have ink in the tanks...

If there is a disruption in ink flow through the tubing then a Regular Cleaning or two may improve printing. Print a nozzle check after a cleaning to test for improvement. Sometimes a regular cleaning cycle followed by letting the printer sit overnight can show improvement in the nozzle check. Also, trying a Deep Cleaning cycle may help, but do only one in a 24 hour period to be safe with your print head.

If the nozzles are clogged then flushing first with water followed by a long soak (12-24 hours) in water and liquid dish washing soap like Dawn or Fairy may help. Rinse well the print head after soaking and let dry before returning to the print head or you may cause an electrical short. Patience is a virtue here. Additional soaking - days - may be necessary if improvement is noticed.

If all else fails then you might need a new print head or printer.

cimerio

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G3000
Hi. Thanks for helping me.

Here is the nozzle checks.
I think that I am using the OEM Canon. This came inside the printer box. The original ink.

Attachments

• IMG_20190608_0001.jpg
    IMG_20190608_0001.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 321

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thank you for the nozzle check. I think it sufficient to diagnose but in the future please crop the image so only the nozzle check is kept and use a new sheet of paper, one with nothing printed on the back or the paper crumpled, to decrease the risk of false readings.

The nozzle check is obviously missing Cyan and Magenta. Causes for this include:
  • Out of ink - replace cartridges
  • No ink flow out of the cartridge - either replace cartridges or flush and refill the cartridges
  • Electrical malfunction - if so then probably irreparable and need new print head
  • Possible malfunction of the ink purging system, though unlikely since Yellow still works
I am unfamiliar with the internal workings of your printer. If it behaves as a CISS printer - where typically external ink tanks are used - then the flow of ink through tubing in relation to the ink tanks and the print head can be a delicate balance. Re-priming of the system may be needed if ink is replaced by air in the tubing. I don't know how you would do that in your specific printer -- maybe an option in the Maintenance section of the printer software.

The first thing to do is replace Cyan and Magenta with either new cartridges, known working cartridges, or flush and refill the cartridges. If ink flow returns for those colors then all is well. If not, and despite even a couple regular cleanings with or without a deep cleaning, then either the "new" cartridges aren't working or you have worse problems at hand.

As far as I can tell, the Pigment Ink (BK) and Yellow look good. Again, a cropped image on a new sheet of paper would help.

For now, replace/fill/whatever the Cyan and Magenta cartridges/tanks. Print another nozzle check, crop and post.

ONLY print nozzle checks until this is figured out.

INKJET ARTIST

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP 345
Thank you for the nozzle check. I think it sufficient to diagnose but in the future please crop the image so only the nozzle check is kept and use a new sheet of paper, one with nothing printed on the back or the paper crumpled, to decrease the risk of false readings.

The nozzle check is obviously missing Cyan and Magenta. Causes for this include:
  • Out of ink - replace cartridges
  • No ink flow out of the cartridge - either replace cartridges or flush and refill the cartridges
  • Electrical malfunction - if so then probably irreparable and need new print head
  • Possible malfunction of the ink purging system, though unlikely since Yellow still works
I am unfamiliar with the internal workings of your printer. If it behaves as a CISS printer - where typically external ink tanks are used - then the flow of ink through tubing in relation to the ink tanks and the print head can be a delicate balance. Re-priming of the system may be needed if ink is replaced by air in the tubing. I don't know how you would do that in your specific printer -- maybe an option in the Maintenance section of the printer software.

The first thing to do is replace Cyan and Magenta with either new cartridges, known working cartridges, or flush and refill the cartridges. If ink flow returns for those colors then all is well. If not, and despite even a couple regular cleanings with or without a deep cleaning, then either the "new" cartridges aren't working or you have worse problems at hand.

As far as I can tell, the Pigment Ink (BK) and Yellow look good. Again, a cropped image on a new sheet of paper would help.

For now, replace/fill/whatever the Cyan and Magenta cartridges/tanks. Print another nozzle check, crop and post.

ONLY print nozzle checks until this is figured out.

Great answer.- Lot of information but you one thing you have forgotten He should take out printing color cartridge and press it to the piece of white paper towel

So if there is no sign of C and M on it, then the print head may be clogged so he need to get somehow that C and M ink sign on towel . He should refill these C and M chamber on color cartridge first.
So now if he got all three CYM signs on towel and still nothing of on nozzle check then definitively C & M channel has been burned out

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
the print head may be clogged
Unusual to have all but the Yellow clogged, but possible. You can have a reassuring paper towel result and still have ink starvation from a cartridge.

Forum member Mikling had a lengthy post on how letting ink levels in the sponge drop below their "full" point before refilling leads to accretion of somewhat dessicated ink in/on the sponge over several refills causing early ink starvation. The ink outlet may still be wet with ink, your test positive but not reassuring as the problem remains in the sponge.

The gold standard is to do exactly as I recommended in order to remove confounders of an inadequately performing cartridge (for whatever reason) from the equation.

If the print head is still not functioning properly after a few cleanings with wait periods in between, then the next step is print head flushing and soaking.

If you do not care to do this, then get a new print head or a new printer.

cimerio

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G3000
The first thing to do is replace Cyan and Magenta with either new cartridges, known working cartridges, or flush and refill the cartridges.

I don't understand much. By "cartridges" do you mean the ink reservoir?
I took a picture.
20190612_132805.jpg

INKJET ARTIST

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP 345
Hi. Thanks for helping me.

Here is the nozzle checks.
I think that I am using the OEM Canon. This came inside the printer box. The original ink.
Hi

I am sorry but as far I do knew something about these printers you sould need a new color printhead

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
By "cartridges" do you mean the ink reservoir?
Good picture! No, you do not have cartridges, but I did give my best thoughts on your printer in the previous post (reporduced below).

Someone else will need to help you concerning the proper priming/function of your ink tanks as I have never worked with this type of system.

Is it possible there is a Cyan and Magenta ink flow issue occurring in the inktank/tubing OR is this an internal print head issue alone (+/- logig assay board)?

I doubt this is an issue with a malfunctioning waste ink system, causing ink to clog up in the print head, since the Yellow is still being printed.

Until you are sure the ink tanks and tubing are functioning properly then you cannot be sure the print head is the malfunction. If your print head is like other Canon inkjets, the ink is used to cool the nozzles as they heat up ink to spit ink out. Lack of cooling ink leads to nozzle burnout. If the CISS system of your printer is malfunctioning for one reason or another, failure to correct it first may cause a new print head to fail as well. Albeit a very low probability, you can not be sure the logic assay board isn't the sole problem or an additional problem to the print head.

This is why a stepwise approach is best and not to jump to a conclusion yet. Rule out the simple (and least costly) first - ink getting to the print head. Or, skip ahead. This is the beauty of refilling and repairing. It is like the fast food restaurant Burger King... Have it your way!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The first thing to try would be the check the air intake on the reservoir bottle is not blocked and you can also remove all the carts from the print head and lower them down below the height of your desktop this will cause ink to flow from the reservoir bottles into the cart and out the bottom..

This will reprime all the cart once again but be careful this procedure can get a bit messy, replace all carts again and try a few nozzle checks before commencing any further test prints..