Problem with Ip4200 dvd printing

spencer101

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I recently bought an ip4200 canon and used the original cartridges. Then I used refills from hobbicolors and result was very good. One day the printer started to print a color cloud round text and graphics but on dvd printing only. I took it for service and they told me that it is because of the refills and bought new carts original and everthing is fine. What could have been the problem - I only refilled the cartridges for 3-4 times? It seems that the only color is purple. No inkjets were dripping after refil.l

InkMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
If you refilled once and everything was ok, then on a separate occasion you have problems then you need to track down the reason. Filling is very easy provided that you follow a few rules. You say the carts did not drip, but did you leave them long enough for the internal pressure to equalize? I have an A4 image of each colour which I print in best quality after inserting refilled carts. This I believe does two things 1. it helps clean the nozzles and 2. uses up the excess that might cross bleed or cause wrong printing. If the new carts. work then the printer is ok. That puts the onus on the refilled carts or the method of refilling.

Terry