problem with bubbles in tubes..CISS

xray34

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi all,

Epson RX585 with CISS working fine for 18mths, 3 ink topups and 1 complete ink change..
suddenly I have statrted to see small bubbles appear and I.m cleaning heads more often.
Especially if the printer is not used for a day or so these bubbles start to appear..
ONLY in the Light Magenta line..
Can anyone suggest a fix for this?
They only appear near the cart junction and nowhere else..!
Also I have checked all filters and lines and thre appears to be no leaks or anything.
Please See attached image..

3434_cimg6745_640x480.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
xray34 I looked at the image you posted and indeed there are air bubbles in the light magenta tube but if you look again you will see that the yellow also has bubbles. That tends to happen all right when youre not printing for a while. I think its the nature of the beast (CISS) it likes to be kept busy. As you said there appears to be no leaks so no worries, the next time you print some sheets have a quick look to see if the bubbles clear at that spot.

xray34

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
xray34 I looked at the image you posted and indeed there are air bubbles in the light magenta tube but if you look again you will see that the yellow also has bubbles. That tends to happen all right when youre not printing for a while. I think its the nature of the beast (CISS) it likes to be kept busy. As you said there appears to be no leaks so no worries, the next time you print some sheets have a quick look to see if the bubbles clear at that spot.
And indeed you are correct 'TheHat' ..
I hadne noticed the yellow. !! eagle eyes !! hehe

They do clear instantly and I only actually get maybe 1 or 2 pages where there are problems.

Thanks for the fast reply mate..

It seems I will just have to print more..lol

Cheers :)

tsiya

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
As long as the cartridges are holding the ink level the bubbles are nothing to worry about. Some of the ink in the lines drips into the cartridge and air goes in to replace it.