Problem with black when printing text

drc023

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, iP8720, MG6220
nifty-stuff.com said:
Very valid points, and I definitely do agree that the type of paper makes a big difference, but again, *my* problem, which looked exactly the same as listed above was with the ink. While there was definitely noticeable differences with the paper I used, the degree of difference wasn't nearly as high as it was when I was switching inks vs. switching papers. I never had to shop for any special multipurpose or copy paper for any of my printers before and wasn't about to start.

Definitely, try switching papers as it is possible you may have a very bad ream of paper. Of course, you may find, as I did, that this may not solve the problem and that you may need to try a different ink. Once I switched inks I could then use different papers to give me more fine tuned results.
Rob,
I agree 100% with what you wrote about the BCI-3ebk with the ArrowJet cartridges. I noticed the same thing. I suspect that the factory did not use the correct Formulabs ink (as they claim to) and instead filled the tanks with a different formulation and/or brand of ink. After I refilled the ArrowJet cartridges the problem was minimized.

--
Ron

Metallo

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Hi folks,

just wanted to say thanks to everybody, I found your points extremely interesting and of course... I'll keep you posted when I will change ink.

It may take some time, I'm not printing everyday, so you may imagine... :)

Regards
Alex