Problem With Black Refillable Cartidge

burning

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I purchased refillable carts awhile back on ebay. I've been using them for more than a year, but I'm facing a problem with the black cartridge. Whenever the printer is in idle or turned off for more than an hour, the black color leaves streak marks. I have to run one or two cleaning cycles every time. Upon suggestion, I primed the cartridge by placing a rubber stopper in the air vent, and putting a syringe (without needle of course), and pulling the syringe and letting it go to it's natural position. I did this a couple of times (four - five times), although it did certainly help, the next day same problem occurred again. There were streak marks in the print. Everything is usually dandy after preforming a cleaning cycle. This in result has left me with ALOT of waste ink. Any suggestions??? The black ink port does not seem to be clogged, I have already cleaning it out be using an empty cart with a cleaning solution in it,,,,

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Printer Brand and Model?
You have a bad cart?
Ebay Chinese carts can be notoriously bad!

burning

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Epson Artisan 50, sorry, forgot to mention that in my post. They were purchased from bigdrop423. They used to sell Artisan 50 carts, but I no longer see them selling any epson carts at all. But they are of good quality, better than other ones I have purchased. I do remember milking or another member mentioning that his carts are of good quality.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
"Whenever the printer is turned off more than hour" is telling you something about the inks.....potentially viscosity issues. The printhead is losing meniscus on the nozzles and the nozzle chambers are emptying dripping out or you are experiencing a drying issue. If it is a drying issue, then other colors should also be affected. I would not be suprised if you are using inks made for thermal heads...Canon and HP type inks. My 0.02c worth. The Artisan 50 should be problem free over extended periods of rest with proper inks.