Pro 9500 Mk II - diagnostic sheet, which button sequence?

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Long time no see peeps :D

WS.Reputation.1 identification by Norton i think you will find occurs mainly on small sized files which are .exe's and files that are uncommon or rare. It in no way confirms it is a virus or other nasty.

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/clarification-wsreputation1-detection
WS.Reputation.1 is basically a user contribution system ".....WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users"

Any file that is not common will be identified by it. It will even flag some .doc files you attempt to download if they do not have the .doc extension.

Turn Off Download Insight in the main Norton GUI window. And Scan the file properly with Norton. Or better yet ditch the resource hungry Norton Bloat all together.

That upload of mine is clean, My PC runs Malware bytes in the background along with Super Anti-Spyware, ESET Smart Security is my AV and firewall choice and in addition i run host files from Spybot and Spy Blaster. If it got passed all that and Virus Total plus this sites security when you upload a file id be more than a bit surprised.

I can guess what is causing dumb dumb Norton to have a panic attack and that is because one of the readme files in the rar file is not in English. TO any windows system without the appropriate language pack and Norton itself the inside of the readme looks like jumbled nonsense and suspicious, which clearly it isn't.

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I am also convinced your upload is clean and it is much safer to download your file than to search dubious websites. :thumbsup

Laurel

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro 9500 Mark II
I understand that using 64 bit windows 10 the service tool for canon pixma pro 9500 mark ii would be v2000 instead of 3400, is that correct? and can you help me find that service tool? thank you!

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
and can you help me find that service tool?
The correct service tool to use is V3400, just make sure you have entered Service Mode before using this App.
See this Pic..
Capture.PNG
This is what it should look like...

Copy this file to your desktop, but please remember it is not a zip file so don’t try to use it until you have renamed it back to EXE.

Attachments

• Service tool v3400.zip
    434 KB · Views: 285

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I understand that using 64 bit windows 10 the service tool for canon pixma pro 9500 mark ii would be v2000 instead of 3400, is that correct? and can you help me find that service tool? thank you!
The older versions of the service tool 1xxx and 2000 often have problems with 64 bit Windows. Instead the version 3400 is recommended. It supports Windows XP and all newer Windows versions and both 32 and 64 bit versions.