Pro 10s magenta

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
check te dark test line..not color images.. from number 12 down...
it whas printed whit octo profile..and yes they are abit to red..
i haw colormonki so i did make my own profile..
i changed gray card whit OEM
result:
Colormunki is priceless :thumbsup

This one has much better reds.
The greys are darker, is this with PGI-72GY ?
As far as I remember octo GY is lighter, but I had no problems with it as far as I didn't swap without reprofiling (the only colours I could exchange with OEM without colour issues are the blacks, C, PM and PC).

Without own profiles you are bound to all octo or all OEM.

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
I have a problem with these cartridges when I fill them.. air remains in them.. yes, the gray one is OEM because it caused bad flow to the print head.. probably because I didn't let the air out when filling the cartridge..

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I have a problem with these cartridges when I fill them.. air remains in them.. yes, the gray one is OEM because it caused bad flow to the print head.. probably because I didn't let the air out when filling the cartridge..
The air can be removed by squeezing the cart gently after refilling until only ink comes out and no foam.
You can see when there is air when the ink absorption slows at the end of the dripping (one of the reasons I use this method).
Octo GY can be a bit critical on flow, but I only experienced it from time to time on large prints with extensive areas where grey is used (in fact a lot since with CO it is the most used colour).
As with Magenta, you need a cart with a very clean outlet sponge.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Quite a lot to unpack in this thread from the last few days so I'll bullet point:

1. Get rid of the air in the cartridges. I'd strongly recommend using a flush clip (and syringe) to do so but note you will need to pull the whole lot (ink included) out of the cartridge then refill again with the air removed. I'd further recommend push/pulling ink in/out of the cartridge using a syringe and flush clip (be careful not to over pressure!!!) to help clear any drying ink out of the internal filter mesh.

NB: I've heard of this method of purging ink from cartridges by pressing against the sides of an upturned cartridge but I have serious doubts it completely clears the cartridge. More likely to leave small bubbles/pockets of air behind.

NB #2: The reason for getting rid of all the air is that it may create a limited drying action in the cartridge. I say limited as the air will quickly become overloaded with moisture. The other reason for getting rid is that the cartridge will run the risk of running out of ink before you realise and damage the nozzles for that ink channel.

NB #3: For the avoidance of doubt I'm not pushing a product simply because we sell it. I developed the Flush clip because we needed something to resolve issues like air ingestion, need to flush cartridges, etc... It works so enough said.

2. Our OctoInk PGI-72 (LXP72) Grey is something we're looking at again as it has recurred as an issue. Unfortunately the issue has been more widely reported on a Facebook forum we don't watch, rather than via support channels so that naturally delayed any kind of reaction.

3. Clean sponges on the cartridges are part of it... you also need a clean mesh, the bit that sits behind the sponge, and that can only really be cleaned using a cleaning solution and IMHO, a flush clip + syringe.

Anyway... just to note, we are looking at the issues that we've been made aware of and will be in touch with customers who've contacted us.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I've using your PGI-72 inks for several years. Most colours (grey included ) never gave me problems. The only troublesome inks have been magenta and photomagenta. Now I use OEM ink extracted from larger PFI tanks on these two carts.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I have a flush clip but only use it to - well "flush" ;) - cartridges, I find it too cumbersome for refilling (how to determine the exact volume, what with the excess ? I never put ink back in the bottle to avoid contamination).

Never had problems with the dripping method, except with the known Magenta issue and an occasional banding with GY.
I will give both a try after refilling with the flush method.

BTW I store my cartridges with the outlet down, not up (as @The Hat suggests), with clips of coarse.
It is a choice between eventual ink particles deposit on the mesh or drying.

Let us not forget these carts are designed for one time use, while in practice they live eternally.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I have a flush clip but only use it to - well "flush" ;) - cartridges, I find it too cumbersome for refilling (how to determine the exact volume, what with the excess ? I never put ink back in the bottle to avoid contamination).
Sounds like I need to do some more video content. I've found that there's a plethora of ways to use the flush clips (they don't make breakfast in bed though... Dangit! :hu ).

Where they really come into their own is when you need to remove air, and when someone messed up and put the wrong ink in a cartridge (not that has ever happened to me.. *cough*). Beyond that I'm the same as you though when it comes to refilling. Flush clips come out for that first refill but rarely after that.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
@palombian, 'eternaly' is a drastic word..;). I'd say longtime enough, if you're careful. During the last years I had to discard two carts because of leaks. After disassembling, I saw that the bag was partially unglued from the plastic frame. Possibly my fault for pushing too hard the plunge when refilling with the flush system ?.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I reckon air inside these working carts is all a load of rubbish, because air can’t effect the ink flow in any way, because the ink stays on the bottom of the cart when in use.. You should always try to avoid leaving air in any cart anyway…

Whatever method you use to get ink into these carts doesn’t really matter, and once the sponge outlet is clean then the cart will deliver all the ink that is required for all your prints, if any particular colour ink is giving trouble, then the cart outlet sponge is not completely clean.. I reckon it’s wrong to blame the ink first.. Look for the Elephant..

To eliminate problems cropping up when replacing cartridges, I store all carts that need my attention, I.E. refilling and resetting, label side up, (What’s known as normal) using this method even I can’t make a mistake.
Bedtime carts.jpg
Once all my extra carts are ready for use, I store them clip side up, for two reasons, first I know that they are good to go, and second when stored clip side up, there’s no chance of suffering from a clogged outlet sponge, especially for long time storage..

And no, the outlet doesn’t dry out because the clips keep the carts air tight for a very long time, and I’ve been using this method for well over ten years, I’m now back using PGl-9 carts that have been in storage like this for years..

O’ and please remember to vigorously shake all your stored carts before use..

P.S. I has never had a bag burst in any of my carts when refilling using the refill clip method, several have been refilled more than 50 times.. I did have quite a few bust when I use to drill the cart bottom..

Latest posts