Pro-100 update

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I have forceps, and will give them a try, but getting a purchase on the bung to remove it could be tough. A Cuticle cutter gets underneath the flat head, and wedges it up. THEN forceps might work...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I don’t use bungs in my carts, I fill my drilled hole with hot glue, when it’s time to refill a cart, I shove a handcraft knife blade under the edges of the dried glue and it lifts off gently, and get no ink on my fingers, most times, but not always... o_O

mikem65d

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, ip6600D, i900D
I too have gotten so much more enjoyment out of refilling and printing since joining this site.
The wealth of info and the courteous replies by the veterans on this site are priceless.
Speaking of the Pro 100, the prints i have from almost 2 years ago using the PC inks have held up as expected, and following the refill advice here, i have not experience 1 clog with this printer.
Hat pointed out a long time ago that the channel that was incorporated into the CL-8 is probably one of the best cartridge design changes that Canon did as it promotes consistent ink flow.
I have gone up to 2 months (i know) without printing, fired this printer up, performed 2 nozzle checks and have been amazed that not a single line was missing.
I can even refill now without so much as a drop of ink showing on my grub piks.