Great post & pics, thanks Roy!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I just saw the CANON has a firmware update for the PRO-100 V1.1
What a coincidence. Right after the resetter was released!
Don't do it folks!
Joe

What this Joe paranoid about Firmware updates,
you got more in common with me than you thing… :weee :D

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The fact that Canon OEM chips are used would pose a teeny tiny possibility of risk from the firmware upgrade. We are resetting the Canon OEM chip. Unlike aftermarket chips which perform emulation of the OEM chip, the emulation only copies what was previously known to occur. If previously unused aspects of the OEM chip that was not part of the emulation is called into play after a firmware update, then the aftermarket chip may no longer work. Thereafter the aftermarket chips have to be reprogrammed to include these newer aspects of emulation to work again.I highly doubt that the firmware upgrade would upset the reset OEM chips..as they are Canon OEM with all aspects likely left intact.

Hope this clears up the matter for many reading this and this could reduce many people's anxiety.

I will tell everyone to be patient of the reset process. It is not dangerous per se, but it might not be as fast as what you experienced in prior printers. Remember this. The initial flicker of light is NOT the reset. It is the first stage of communication with the chip. The chip is reset when the light is SOLID after the first flicker and will remain ON. If the chip/cartridge is removed before the light turns solid, you might be removing it while the resetter is writing data to the chip. You risk data corruption. Most times, this is recoverable with a proper reset. Since the removal is random, one can never guarantee that it will not lead to a bad chip. Just be patient and wait for the second solid light to appear before removal for a proper reset.

Last edited: