Pro-10 vs Pro-300 print head

dtjoyce

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10
I read several posts that the Prograf Pro-300 uses the same print head as the Pro-10. (I did note that they do use different inks.) Just curious as to whether the print head in the Pro-300 would also work in the Pro-10. I am considering replacing my Pro-10 with the Pro-300 because I have been unable to unclog a couple of colors despite multiple cleanings (even though the ink appears to be going somewhere after the print head was flushed and cartridges reinstalled; but just not on the paper!).

I am hopeful that I may be able to salvage my Pro-10 rather than take it to the landfill.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
If it's the same printhead model, as most reports say, for sure it would work on both printers.
As for replacing your Pro-10 with a Pro-300, if I were you I'd think it twice before taking the plunge. A new printhead for your Pro-10 will restore it to full functionality and it's much cheaper than purchasing a Pro-300.
Besides, if you're currently refilling your Pro-10 carts with third party ink and a a resetter, you can't do that with a Pro-300, because there're no resetters available for this printer.

dtjoyce

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10
If it's the same printhead model, as most reports say, for sure it would work on both printers.
As for replacing your Pro-10 with a Pro-300, if I were you I'd think it twice before taking the plunge. A new printhead for your Pro-10 will restore it to full functionality and it's much cheaper than purchasing a Pro-300.
Besides, if you're currently refilling your Pro-10 carts with third party ink and a a resetter, you can't do that with a Pro-300, because there're no resetters available for this printer.
I only use Canon Ink and have not been refilling. I considered getting a new print head for the Pro-10 but what I have found so far are in the $500 plus range. That would go a long way toward another printer. Some of the offerings also seem a bit sketchy. I just saw one for $400 that says it may be either a "refurbished" or a "new compatible." I was not interested in either.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
but what I have found so far are in the $500 plus range.
I have a brand new Canon Pro 10 print head still in its original foil wrapper and box, I got it as a spare for my Pro 10 but I could never get the printer to work properly with me, we were just not compatible. QY6-0085

I will let you have it for €210 P&P included.. PM me if your interested..