Pro 10 issue, no CO flow

Slagathor

Printer Master
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
132
Reaction score
122
Points
203
Printer Model
Pro 10, MG5320 GX4020
So, momma has been remodeling the "office" and I havent been able to use the old girl for a while, so, now I am not getting any CO, the rest prints great.

After a few deep cleaning of group 2 and no love, should I pull the head and soak it over night in some Windex or just plain old distilled water??

I am blaming momma for this, even though I should have moved it and kept using it, it's all her fault...😬
 
I am not getting any CO, the rest prints great.
It seems very unlikely to me that you would get a clog in your CO nozzles, there is nothing in the CO liquid to clog, I would suggest you look again at the cartridge, it’s quite possible you’re out of CO regardless as to what the chip may say.

I use a dedicated printer, set up with only CO in all its carts and I can leave it twelve months without using it and it has never clogged not even once, but it’s important to have the carts well topped up before any print job..

Post up a nozzle check please showing your results..

After a few deep cleaning of group 2 and no love,
And don’t keep using deep cleans because they can burn out your print head in no time especially if your experiencing poor ink flow, normal cleans are more than adequate..
 
It seems very unlikely to me that you would get a clog in your CO nozzles, there is nothing in the CO liquid to clog, I would suggest you look again at the cartridge, it’s quite possible you’re out of CO regardless as to what the chip may say.

I use a dedicated printer, set up with only CO in all its carts and I can leave it twelve months without using it and it has never clogged not even once, but it’s important to have the carts well topped up before any print job..

Post up a nozzle check please showing your results..

And don’t keep using deep cleans because they can burn out your print head in no time especially if your experiencing poor ink flow, normal cleans are more than adequate..
That is interesting, the CO is the only ones I have ever had issues with, more then a few times I have had to run a few cleans to get the CO moving again....
EDIT:
There is a fresh filled set of carts in the printer also..

nozzle.jpg
 
Last edited:
That is interesting, the CO is the only ones I have ever had issues with
Well it clear you don’t have any CO present on that nozzle print, which is very strange, is it possible you’ve had this problem for some time and didn’t notice it and have continued to print with the absence of any CO in the cart..

It’s more than possible that the CO nozzles are burned out from overheating, and the only resolution that I can think of would be to put 5 ml of Cyan or Magenta into an empty CO cart and run one cleaning cycle and then a nozzle check to verify the CO nozzle condition…
 
Your a genius....
Trying it now, will report back...
 
Well it clear you don’t have any CO present on that nozzle print, which is very strange, is it possible you’ve had this problem for some time and didn’t notice it and have continued to print with the absence of any CO in the cart..

It’s more than possible that the CO nozzles are burned out from overheating, and the only resolution that I can think of would be to put 5 ml of Cyan or Magenta into an empty CO cart and run one cleaning cycle and then a nozzle check to verify the CO nozzle condition…
My heart is officially sad....
I guess it's 205 clams for a new head, or, just plow full steam ahead and say ta heck with the CO cause apparently
I haven't been using it anyway....heh
nozzle-1.jpg
 
Hopefully @the Hat’s idea will work, because the present scenario isn’t looking good. Doing several deep cleanings while the CO nozzles didn’t fire ( for whatever reason ) in many cases means burned nozzles.

@Slagathor, are you using third party inks ?. Going by your words ‘fresh filled carts’ it seems that this is the case. If so, which brand ?. It’s weird that CO has been the more problematic of all your inks. It doesn’t contains solid pigment particles and real clogs are very rare.
Once I had once problems with CO but it turned out to be a leaky faulty cartridge, not the chroma fluid itself or the nozzles. Have you checked the condition of your CO carts?.


Oops, I see now , by your latest nozzle test, that my pessimistic predictions were right ..
 
Last edited:
My heart is officially sad....
I guess it's 205 clams for a new head,
If you’re not printing on glossy paper you won’t miss it, but in the mean time you can save your penny’s up to get a print head later.. Sorry for the bad news..
 
I usually use the Pro Luster paper, I doubt Ill notice as I didnt before....heh

I use Precision Colors ink, but like I said, I have had constant issues with the CO
if she sat for a week or more I would print a nozzle check and had to run a clean to get the CO flowing again.

No big deal I guess, prints still look amazing
 
It looks like you repeat posted your original nozzle check. Did you try The Hat's recommendation of Cyan or Magenta in a CO cartridge?
 
Back
Top