printouts coming up with red lines

Gavincol78

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am new to these forums and I have a problem with a printer that I was given along with fresh new ink.

My printer is the Epson SX600FW but whether I print via USB, Network or copy the printouts always come up with red lines.

I have tried cleaning the heads, head alignment and even printing out Black, Red and Yellow (not blue as there doesn't seem to be an issue with blue)

The lines seem quite uniform and not a 'smudge' if this forum will allow me to share this scan

h t t p : / / i241.photobucket.com /albums/ ff233/ Gavincol78/ img007.jpg

(remove spaces as I am new won't allow me to share link)

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
I had many problems with that printer, in fact it is responsible for my hair getting thinner :)

Mine produced lines at random, one day OK next day colours off, you name it, it did it. Hopefully by now it will have been melted down into something useful.

Sorry I can't help you, but I can tell you it was the most frustrating printer I have ever used . Shame really, because it was useful as a general office device, but once it clogged you could not even use it as a scanner

Others may come along and give you some advice on cleaning Epsons and the sXS600FW in particular.