Printing with PETG...?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Nifty, I raised the nozzle temperature to 225c the bed to 55c and lowered the print speed by 50%, as to which one made the difference, well I don’t really know, but together they worked nicely for me...

Here is the Ikea lid clip that I altered to fit the new box, but in your slicer, you can change (Scale) the height, width, and length to fit any box, I’m still using CURA 15.04.6, this file extension is wrong, just change it from Zip, back to STL and it will work...

Attachments

• IKEA10 CLIPS.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 417

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I started off making just one Ikea clip with the PETG, but it didn’t quite fit the box lid, (Short) so I re-scaled the length in CURA by 1.5 mm and printed it again, this time it fitted perfect, so I made another 4 clips one after the other. :)

These setting I’m using seem to work without a hitch and I now intend to make a lot more things with the PETG filament, now that the monkey is off my back...;)

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
These setting I’m using seem to work without a hitch and I now intend to make a lot more things with the PETG filament, now that the monkey is off my back...;)

You're giving me a little bit more confidence to eventually give it a try.

Latest posts