Printing packaging sleeves

KateD13

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP
Hi,
Can anyone recommend the right kind of printer where I could my own packaging sleeves? Would need to go up to A3.
Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi KateD13, OK A3 is fine, but what other specifications do you require, which type of board do you intend to use, Matte or Semi gloss, what about ink, OEM, CISS, Compatible or OEM Cartridges 3rd party ink, dye or pigment, quantity, the more information you give the better the answers..

KateD13

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP
Hi

So it will be Matt board. To start with printing full colour about 200 a month and then potentially scaling up to higher volumes. Ink wise, I don't know, I'm not sure what would be best. I'm not even sure what category this kind of printer falls into so I'm having trouble researching about it and therefore figuring out what I need!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The better and bigger you printer is the more reliable it will be (Heavy Duty cycle), plus the bigger the cartridge the cheaper it will be to print, and lastly is there a need for longevity or water proof text, then it would have to be pigment ink.

There are many A3 pigment printer on the market but I reckon you limited to two, Epson or Canon because HP wont be able to accept heavy stock.

P.S. there's all called Photo printer now..

KateD13

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP
Thanks for the advice!