Printing on aluminum questions for artisan 1430

Brendan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
r1900, r2000
yeah it's not very often I actually use the polar pearl metallic, for landscapes they are quite nice or anything with good amounts of color are fantastic as well. I've gotten into night photography lately and I got a sample of prints from aluminyze and that's where aluminum seems to have a huge wow effect is anything with blues or big contrast and truth be told I've wanted to print on aluminum myself.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
oops - is there anything the forum members could do to let you overcome any bad feelings .... or sue them for discrimination and get your course fees back or...I don't know - anyway - that must have been quite an elite club

Hi Ink Stained Fingers,

Always appreciate your knowledgeable and informative posts. Have learned a lot from them.

Maybe I was too flippant in my description of the group. They were all good people and a more appropriate word in place of "elite" could be "pretentious". My BS meter always goes into overdrive when a regular inkjet print is descried as "Giclee art" by the assembled nodding heads.

During a lull in the lecture/workshop proceedings a group was discussing printers and papers. I could see when I replied Canon Pro 100 and RedRiver paper some eyes started to roll, and there was a a silence broken by one of the coordinators offering me a sample pack of Moab Paper as a show special for $20.00. Probably a bargain as it contained 15 sets of 2 sheets each of their higher end papers. Looking at their website I would have to reduce my printing by 75% to be able to afford them. Hello RedRiverPaper I'm back!

rs

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Hi Roy,

it's good to hear that you got something out of that workshop regardless. I'm using paper at any pricing range, it should fit the purpose, and if it's the cheapest one it's ok. We are discussing here all options, in performance - gloss - gamut - fading - pricing etc, and if a pricey paper excels in performance other papers I'm using it as well - just look at the previous discussions here about fading and pricing. I always like to test, this and that, and got some surprises already, so I'm not tied to a particular brand. I recently got a big sample set with Tecco papers which are running in the upper to very high pricing range, and I picked about 2 or 3 which I may consider for later use. It all depends what you want to acheive. I remember I got some Moab papers at a previous Photokina exhibition years ago, but the supply via a distributor was not clear at that time, so that brand is not in my periscope.