Printheads never found...

Camel

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson wf-4734
Hi Folks,
I have three Epson wf-4734 printers with no printheads. I have been looking all over the place for printheads for these aio's but cannot find anything. I called Epson and they were no help, only to point me to one of their distributers which I guess I will follow up with next week. But I can't believe that there is ZERO information on getting printhead(s) . Even if they were too expensive I still cant find anything to compare pricing. I suspect it may not be worth the purchase because of pricing.

Am I totally missing something? Any thoughts, ideas or help with any info would be great!

All the best

W. Fisher

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epsons, Canons, Brother.
Check ebay as they have some refurbished and new. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...C0.A0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=Epson+wf-4734&_sacat=51328

However, the cost may exceed the printer price though as I saw new one for $350 in USA, and that printer was around $299. Ran into that with 3880 where new print head quote was $950, and I paid $1100 with maybe a $200 rebate which made it $900 for the thing.

These things are pretty much disposable it seems, no matter the price. Even my $3,500 Sony TV is disposable once off warranty where they give me a refurb if it still in the warranty period. Just went through that with an Amana refrigerator that made it six weeks out of the one-year warranty - had to buy new one (Not Amana 2nd time!). Mitsubishi TV died and no parts and they got out of the TV business both.

Camel

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson wf-4734
Thanks for the ebay link. I had searched ebay too but never found a page with all that info on it. Nice to know its available but it is more than the printer costs. I am looking for a used one on ebay with the print head still intact as there are many of these units with the printhead removed. Why is this done? Is there a market for just selling these print heads? Either way what a pain.

I am from the school (maybe old) that you fix what you have. I am frustrated that so many things are disposable. It makes no sense to buy something new and sell the parts, if they're available, at ridiculous prices when most items can be repaired. In a lot of electronic devices, I find that simple things, like capacitors, go bad and can be replaced for under a dollar.

Anyway, that's my rant. I'll keep a look out for used/damaged equipment and hopefully I get lucky otherwise I throw out these new printers. I will be posting lots of other questions in this forum as I have a lot of printer questions about several different brands.

Thanks again!

printy

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Epson Canon
WF-4730, print head FA32001 part code