Printers with refillable ink tanks

wilko

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma
Just keeping up to date with Epson and now Canon printers with these tanks. Crazy prices and unless you go for the top of the range models you don't get WIFI or duplex printing. The old ip4000 did everything that these printers do, other than WIFI at a fraction of the price.

Refilling with chip resetters may well be a thing of the past but refillable carts with ARCs or buying non OEM replacement carts are still a far cheaper option.

Can't see these printers catching on. Members on here are more savvy and I can't see general public paying out such enormous amounts for these printers. Most households just go for a WIFI printer/scanner at less than £100, I would guess.

Perhaps small offices, photographers may be tempted but a laser printer or dedicated photo printer would probably be a better bet.

I'm out of the loop on the latest Canon printers and am still using an IP4500, MG6250, IP7250 and a Brother DCP-J4120DW printer. All which can continue to be refilled by various methods. However, I'm unsure about whether the most recent Canon printers have the same freedom to refill, so I may be totally wrong about the future of refilling.

However, after all these years I just can't see the general public being willing to spend £300 on a printer that performs no better in print quality than an IP7250.

Anyone know what the volume sales are of these printers?