Printer Unable To Print Extreme Botton Of The Page!

Revolution

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Please help me guys!
I'm noob.
I have a HP Deskjet F2418.
Now whenever I try to print anything(color or B&W) on a A4 paper it unable to print the extreme bottom of the page(around 2" to 2.5" from the bottom of the page).....:(
Is this a hardware fault or some thing else ?
thanks.....

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Except for printers that can be set to do borderless prints, it is my experience that all printers have a limitation as to how close to the top or bottom of a page they can print. Most also have settings in the printer driver that you can access for settings that may help you. In windows XP you can click on Start, settings, printers and faxes, click on the line for your printer, click on preferences, and search for paper size settings and others that may be contributing to your problem.

Also, software that you are printing from may be set for top and bottom margins that you have to change.

Revolution

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thans for ur help!.....:)
I'm really noob.
There was 8.5"x11" at setting.
But my papers are 8.5"x12".
Now I have changed it and will print with that setting.....

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
That certainly accounts for one inch of blank space at the bottom. Now you need to see how the software you are printing from is set for paper size and margins. ;There may also be additional settings in the printer driver that you can adjust.

Revolution

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
With the above setting the error reduced but not totally.
I mean now when I print saw the upper margin is more than lower.
So,still missing 1mm-2mm from the bottom of the page.
I thing I need some tweak on margin setting but could not find any additional settings in the printer driver u have mentioned above.
Do I nee any separate setting in MS Office or PDF-Xchange Viewer cos I'm printing using those applications.....

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
First of all, 1-2 mm is an extremely small space to be left blank. Did you mean millimeters, centimeters, or inches? You first mentioned 2 - 2.5 inches.

If you are basically printing text documents there is no need to print borderless. I don't know where the page setup is in MS Office - I use MS Word, and the margins are found under "file", "page setup". I don't know about PDF-Xchange viewer. If you are trying to print photos borderless, refer to your printer manual. I googled for the online pdf manual for the HP 2400 series. You can not select borderless with plain paper - only with photo paper settings. There is a check box for borderless printing that should be described in your manual. If you don't have the manual you can go online to the HP website and download the "User Manual". Online, there is a sidebar index and you can click on "printing".

Revolution

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yea,this time in millimeters.
This time I have tried printing from PDF(mixed) and MS Word(text) on plain papers but still missing 1-2mm from bottom.
And I'm not printing borderless.
I think I'm still making some mistake with settings.
OK,I'm gonna download manual and try again.....

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I don't think any printer will print within 1 -2 mm. from the bottom. None that I've ever used. 6 hp laser printers, several Epson and Canon inkjets. Only when the inkjets were set to do borderless prints did they print to the edge (actually slightly beyond the edge).