Printer recommendation please

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I just printed 25 photos on 4x6" paper - in one go , on 300gm paper glossy , that's more than yours - 'At 11mil thickness and 232gsm, Premium Matte Plus ' which is specified as a 232gm paper; at least 30 sheets should fit into the input tray.

Redriver spec's the paper as 60lb/232gsm , but the calculator tells me something different 60lbs - 162 lbs ? Which preset is to be used in this case ?

Anyway . such a paper should run without a problem.

Edit:

Epatcola

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
various
60 lb matte photo paper?

lol at lbs of paper. Pound weights are per ream so it depends on paper size and they can't even exactly decide on how many sheets there are in a ream. Clearly Americans should be specifying paper in ounces per square foot:)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Redriver spec's the paper as 60lb/232gsm , but the calculator tells me something different 60lbs - 162 lbs ?
The calculator has presets on the type of paper being measured, but may need a custom paper dimension for the Red River paper to be most accurate.

American Pounds is dependent on the Length x Width dimensions of a sheet of that specific type paper, which may be different for each type of paper. I presume the various dimensions are based on how manufacturers made their paper in the old days. Maybe @The Hat can tell us more. Anyways, the weight in pounds is equal to how much 500 sheets (a ream) weighs.

The Metric system with GSM measurement is much simpler in that the weight is based on how many grams a 1x1 meter sized sheet weighs. No various paper dimensions to contend with. Very straight forward. (This will be the only time I will give honor to the Metric System.)

See https://www.lcipaper.com/kb/text-weight-paper-card-stock-paper-paper-density-explained.html

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Pound weights are per ream so it depends on paper size and they can't even exactly decide on how many sheets there are in a ream.
Wow The kettle calling the pot black.. I use feet to walk with, but millimetres to measure with.. No one complains about ounces when it’s in Gold… :lol:
Sorry @Epatcola, I just had to say that..:hugs

inquiring mind

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon
I just printed 25 photos on 4x6" paper - in one go , on 300gm paper glossy , that's more than yours - 'At 11mil thickness and 232gsm, Premium Matte Plus ' which is specified as a 232gm paper; at least 30 sheets should fit into the input tray.

Redriver spec's the paper as 60lb/232gsm , but the calculator tells me something different 60lbs - 162 lbs ? Which preset is to be used in this case ?

Anyway . such a paper should run without a problem.

Edit:
Great. Thank you for your continuing and very patient insight! I very much appreciate all comments on this thread.

inquiring mind

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon
Sadly, The L805 does not appear to be available in the US. I am trying to figure out if they call it something else here.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
No one complains about ounces when it’s in Gold… :lol:
No, but they do if they complain about filing their dental cavities with ml's of molten hot gold. :somad