Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson P600
Hi all.

I require a printer that can:

- print A4 size photo books
- an option to print both sides is welcome
- similar photo quality of a normal photography books
- the yearly quantity is: lets say a new personal book every 2 or 3 months. 3 copies per book. 100 or less pages per book. So total printed pages every 2 or 3 months is around 300 pages only.

I used in the past epson p600 with PC inks but it was time consuming as i was printing each page and then let it dry and print the other page. I also tried to print the odd/even pages at a time but alot of pages were damaged (smuged) in the printer tray as the paper want dry and was stacked over each other.

My aim is to create a physical archive of my photography work so it won't be all digitally stored.

All recommendations are welcomed.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Duplexers don't work with thicker and stiffer photo papers, you may have a look to software like Qimage, you create a printjob for all images you want to print, print all odd pages in one go, let it dry and print all even pages on the backside later . You can store such a job and do the 2nd run tomorrow or whenever it fits. You need to let the prints dry or they are stickier and the printer pulls several pages at once, but that's as well a paper problem - look for and test some alternatives, I regularly ( not now due to Corona.....) print albums of dancing events with 30-60 sheets A4 on both sides and put them into transparent sleeves. It works this way with several printers like L805, L1800 or P400.

khalidinho

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson P600
Duplexers don't work with thicker and stiffer photo papers, you may have a look to software like Qimage, you create a printjob for all images you want to print, print all odd pages in one go, let it dry and print all even pages on the backside later . You can store such a job and do the 2nd run tomorrow or whenever it fits. You need to let the prints dry or they are stickier and the printer pulls several pages at once, but that's as well a paper problem - look for and test some alternatives, I regularly ( not now due to Corona.....) print albums of dancing events with 30-60 sheets A4 on both sides and put them into transparent sleeves. It works this way with several printers like L805, L1800 or P400.
Thank you for your reply. If i printed odd or even pages in one go, There will always be an issue with them having smudges in the try because they are stacked over each other?! And i cant wait and pull each paper to let it dry in a separate location.

Any other solutions

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
It is very much a matter of the photo paper you are using; if I print 40 sheets I do the odd pages first - in one go. Photo prints add a lot of solvent to the paper, and it's the type of paper whether and how it curls from all that solvent, I do the even pages immediately after that first print - in 2 smaller stacks - e.g. 20 sheets; but I have another paper as well , a heavier one which curls up the longer edges, I let that dry overnight and print the backside the next day when the sheets have evened out again.
If you have ink puddles on the paper directly after the print you have a problem with the ink limit for that paper - you may use another paper selection in the driver, another quality setting or another paper alltogether, that's a matter of the coating of that paper, and you need to test that before you even start printing on both sides , I can print 20 or 30 pages on particular photo papers without concern that the ink of one sheet smudges the back side of the next. sheet when they get stacked up.

khalidinho

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson P600
It is very much a matter of the photo paper you are using; if I print 40 sheets I do the odd pages first - in one go. Photo prints add a lot of solvent to the paper, and it's the type of paper whether and how it curls from all that solvent, I do the even pages immediately after that first print - in 2 smaller stacks - e.g. 20 sheets; but I have another paper as well , a heavier one which curls up the longer edges, I let that dry overnight and print the backside the next day when the sheets have evened out again.
If you have ink puddles on the paper directly after the print you have a problem with the ink limit for that paper - you may use another paper selection in the driver, another quality setting or another paper alltogether, that's a matter of the coating of that paper, and you need to test that before you even start printing on both sides , I can print 20 or 30 pages on particular photo papers without concern that the ink of one sheet smudges the back side of the next. sheet when they get stacked up.
many thanks Ink stained Fingers